Hotel ZaZa & The McCarthy Apartments Memorial City

Urbannizer

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, on the bright side:  the new ZaZa may be ugly, but at least it serves to hide the even uglier condo building they built to the south of it.  

I also don't care for their lame idea to prettify the 2 big parking garages (S and SE from Zaza) by painting their north sides with forest scenes.  Looks cheap and tacky when new ... and do they plan to repaint them as they weather?   A more attractive and less temporary approach would have been to put actual real, green plants on trellises covering the garage (as is being done a lot more in other cities).

BTW, I grew up (and spent most of my life) nearby and I'm really disappointed with MetroNational's design choices for most of this property.  As a child, my sister rode her horse on this property.  I liked it better the way it was back then. 

(I'm reminded of an architecture prof's comment on a building in Austin:  "This obviously wasn't designed by an architect ... at least, I hope not."

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Very weird looking building.

Its designed as if its only ever going to be viewed from the very front, and never the other sides. Like there are suppose to be other buildings that will be up against it in the future or something (unlikely).

Don't really get what was the design intent here.

• The title was changed to Hotel ZaZa & The McCarthy Apartments Memorial City
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived