Eighteen25 Downtown: Multifamily At 1825 San Jacinto St.

Urbannizer

Uhhhhhh, how bout any of the numerous developers who HAVE taken the DLI and ran with it and have started or are about to start construction, right now, in our current "awl crash" climate?

Or better yet, nevermind, you're right, because of the oil crash, NO ONE IS BUILDING ANYTHING IN DOWNTOWN RIGHT NOW, all those cranes are a mass hallucination because according to you, "who is going to get a project off the ground in this environment? I'll give you a hint. NO ONE."

Seems like you're the one living in a fantasy world. :rolleyes:

You know swtsig, I used to like you as a poster, you had good inside info, you added content to threads.

Not any more.

Now it seems like all you do is follow people around in threads, quoting them and telling them how stupid they are, all in a pissy little manner.

It's gotten old.

Swtsig has been rather grinchy, but the projects going up right have secured financing before the drop in oil prices. 

Swtsig has been rather grinchy, but the projects going up right have secured financing before the drop in oil prices.

There are projects on the board, securing financing, and more to come, all in this climate.

The statement "no one is going to get a project off the ground in this environment" is simply not true.

Don't believe me let's just wait, we shall see....

• Like 1

Uhhhhhh, how bout any of the numerous developers who HAVE taken the DLI and ran with it and have started or are about to start construction, right now, in our current "awl crash" climate?

Or better yet, nevermind, you're right, because of the oil crash, NO ONE IS BUILDING ANYTHING IN DOWNTOWN RIGHT NOW, all those cranes are a mass hallucination because according to you, "who is going to get a project off the ground in this environment? I'll give you a hint. NO ONE."

Seems like you're the one living in a fantasy world. :rolleyes:

You know swtsig, I used to like you as a poster, you had good inside info, you added content to threads.

Not any more.

Now it seems like all you do is follow people around in threads, quoting them and telling them how stupid they are, all in a pissy little manner.

It's gotten old.

Howard Huge, I like you and I think you are funny but that is pretty harsh, man. I feel like any developer that says "We are going to wait and see", you go out and say WHY?! HOW DARE YOU?! Think of Houston!!!

It's economics man, plan and simple.

Construction projects that have already been financed aren't going to just stop midway through... we aren't in a Las Vegas style collapse at this moment. But to think that a slow down in oil is not going to slow down the hot Houston real estate market is a little naive, honestly, or perhaps it is just a level of deniability that things are slowing down. How is that not evident in the latest development maps posted? How is that not evident that we don't have about 3 to 4 new proposed projects every week like we were getting in 2013 and early 2014? You say, don't lump every developer together... but they all have it in the back of their mind about the drop in oil prices. All of them. There are simply developers that are willing to take more risk, yes risk. There are some seeing this as a short term problem and are willing to start now, while others are more cautious and waiting to see what happens to that market and the Houston economy. And then there are others that simply cannot getting the investment and financing at all and are cancelling their projects. 

Economies go up, they go down, they stay at the same level..... it's fluid. And that's the reality of things whether people like it or not.

• Like 1

Howard Huge, I like you and I think you are funny but that is pretty harsh, man. I feel like any developer that says "We are going to wait and see", you go out and say WHY?! HOW DARE YOU?! Think of Houston!!!

It's economics man, plan and simple.

Construction projects that have already been financed aren't going to just stop midway through... we aren't in a Las Vegas style collapse at this moment. But to think that a slow down in oil is not going to slow down the hot Houston real estate market is a little naive, honestly, or perhaps it is just a level of deniability that things are slowing down. How is that not evident in the latest development maps posted? How is that not evident that we don't have about 3 to 4 new proposed projects every week like we were getting in 2013 and early 2014? You say, don't lump every developer together... but they all have it in the back of their mind about the drop in oil prices. All of them. There are simply developers that are willing to take more risk, yes risk. There are some seeing this as a short term problem and are willing to start now, while others are more cautious and waiting to see what happens to that market and the Houston economy. And then there are others that simply cannot getting the investment and financing at all and are cancelling their projects.

Economies go up, they go down, they stay at the same level..... it's fluid. And that's the reality of things whether people like it or not.

Fair enough, but it wasn't even this particular issue or project that aggravated me.

It's swtsig's recent attitude.

Like I said, I liked him, he is a valuable contributor, and I was the main guy defending him when that idiot was calling him a fraud and trying run him off the board.

But his flurfty attitude has got to go. We all try to get along here, theres no need to constantly derail threads with pompous insults to other members. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

• Like 3

Lol, you all are so funny.

just like siblings.

I think I am in the Howard's camp though.

I just don't think we are in as bad a slump as people are making it out to be.

I can understand taking a more critical look at office development wit out tenant's but I think these residentials (especially the ones like it's one) should go full steam ahead.

Downtown is downtown. It will always be a strong market. Even though energy is on cool, the med center is a train ride down the street.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

According to this website, the project is 90% funded.

I guess I should have said it doesn't look like they have the equity yet.  Do you think this means they have 90% of the equity funding or 90% of the total funding?  If it is total funding, then they still need to line-up some fairly big equity partners.  I sure hope that the foreign investors don't look at more recent statistics than the 2013 stats in their promotional literature.  

I guess I should have said it doesn't look like they have the equity yet.  Do you think this means they have 90% of the equity funding or 90% of the total funding?  If it is total funding, then they still need to line-up some fairly big equity partners.  I sure hope that the foreign investors don't look at more recent statistics than the 2013 stats in their promotional literature.  

funding typically implies equity... debt would not be hard to come by if you have your equity in place.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...