US Paralympics Talent ID Day-- Nov 10

trymahjong

U.S. Paralympics Talent I.D. Day
Sunday, November 10, 2013

The Houston Parks and Recreation Department (HPARD) and U.S. Paralympics, a division of the United States Olympic Committee, will host the U.S. Paralympics Talent Identification (I.D.) Day, Sunday, November 10, 9:15 a.m. - 3 p.m., at the Metropolitan Multi-Service Center, 1475 West Gray, Houston 77019.

This event, the first of its kind in Houston, will introduce sports programming to youth and adults with physical and visual impairments. U.S. Paralympics staff will coach participants to identify, develop and improve their athletic skills, with the aim being to encourage active lifestyles and to propel athletes with top-level skills or potential to train for paralympic competition.  

The U.S. Paralympics Talent I.D. Day is free and open to all youth and adults with physical and visual impairments. Participants under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian's signature during the athlete check-in at 9:15 a.m. on the day of the event.  Free lunch will be provided.

Register at check-in on November 10 or early at www.gatewaytogold.org.

For more information on the U.S. Paralympics Talent I.D. Day, visit http://www.houstontx.gov/parks/adaptivesports.html, email askparks@houstontx.gov or call 832.395.7333. 

Archived