The Travis: Multifamily High-Rise At 3300 Main St.

Urbannizer

The sky was an incredible yellow color and throw in a partial rainbow. Really interesting sky tonight.

Thanks,   for passing on such an interesting image. especially the first one. Love the atmospheric quality you achieved.

• Like 3

No.  The angle is wrong for it to be from the roof of the Holiday Inn.  It has to have been taken from the roof of the former Days Inn/Heaven on Earth.

Edit:  Confirmed.  The post on Reddit says it was taken "From the Roof of the Old Days Inn."

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

No.  The angle is wrong for it to be from the roof of the Holiday Inn.  It has to have been taken from the roof of the former Days Inn/Heaven on Earth.

Edit:  Confirmed.  The post on Reddit says it was taken "From the Roof of the Old Days Inn."

No, not wrong.  The Days Inn was originally a Holiday Inn.

• Like 1

I'd be curious to see the car traffic counts on this stretch of Main St.  It would be great to see Main St. turned into a pedestrian/bike promenade from the Ion all the way to McGowan.  i don't think it would effect too many drivers.

I know the Drewery folks had pitched something like this last year......hadn't heard any updates.

• Like 4

On 6/10/2019 at 3:51 AM, Howard Huge said:

And then one day, Midtown suddenly had it's own little baby skyline.

Small beginnings. Tear down the Pierce elevated, throw in about twenty to thirty more buildings in Midtown between 20-40 stories stretching all the way down to the Museum district, and Houston will have one giant, continuous skyline. One that rivals the big cities! I say give Houston about 50 more years, it is bound to happen one day. I may not live to see it but it will happen.

Isnt Caydon (the Aussie company?) building 3 more high rises next to the first one?

by the time final four gets here in 2023 there will be about 10 high rises in midtown

• Like 5