Alexan Midtown: Multifamily At 2310 Main St.

kbates2

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to the gentleman who was working at the gas station on the proposed site of Alexan Main Street and he vehemently denied that there would be an apartment built there.  He said that they had refused all offers to purchase the property.  If Alexan has purchased all of the other lots, maybe there will be a retail component after all... :blink:

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is a very nice looking apartment project for Midtown. I really like their use of brick.

Unlike the project a little farther south in between San Jacinto and Fannin close to Southmore. I don't know what the name

of the property is, but its a fairly new 5 or 6 story apartment building with fall colored faux trees. This property looks terrible

and its probably less than 3 years old.

I liked it when it when it was first announced, because it was one of the first new super sized urban projects on the rail, but the

problem with so much of the stuff that these developers are putting up is the choice of exterior materials. When are architects,

designers, and developers going to realize you can't depend on the quality and workmanship in using stucco for an exterior material in Houston unless its done right which for the most part just isn't happening.I know why its done. Its cheap. This building is covered in mould and mildew and it looks

really bad up close. I drove by yesterday and couldn't believe how much mould had formed all over the building.

I will say it one more time. Stucco should not be allowed for commercial projects in this city. Most of the times you will see crews

tearing out the old and putting in new. Not once or twice but several times. It just doesn't work in this climate unless your willing

to spend the money and hire a reputable firm to do it right. Brick is the best.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...