Air New Zealand Airlines

wxman

Booked our flights for September ("a spring wedding" - Muriel's Wedding).

The Sunday flight times aren't that great. Leaving at like 10:30pm, arriving at 5:55am in Auckland. I think the return is better because it's during the week. Also had to add a few extra vacation days to make up for the lost 2 on the way over.

• 4 months later...
7 minutes ago, kbates2 said:

Use the ATM when you get there.  WAY better rates even when you factor in foreign transaction fees and ATM fees.  WAY better.

This. Any rate you get here will not be good. I've used my US ATM card in New Zealand, and it was painless.

With Wells Fargo,  I never paid an international fee, just the non WF AT fee. It varies from bank to bank. It is good to warn the bank so they don't cut you off for suspicious transactions. 

I have a few credit cards that don't charge an international fee.  I also use a Charles Schwab ATM card that reimburses ATM fees and is separate from my normal account.  Also when using your credit card if you have the option pay in the local currency to avoid conversion fees. 

I always use my ATM to get cash in foreign countries.  Always except a month ago when I did what Montrose almost did and got too excited and pulsed out like $600 before I left.  I exchanged for Euros and after fees paid $1.46/dollar on that $600 and paid $1.11 at every ATM, again after fees.  How did that make me feel?  Ayn.Gree.

• The title was changed to Air New Zealand Airlines

Archived