Parking Garage At 1311 Louisiana St.

lockmat

The garage at Methodist outpatient center is a good example

Yup, I park there for work. If I get there late I have to park on the 14th (highest) floor, and it doesn't take long at all to get to the top, maybe 2-3 minutes at most including two gates (unless you get stuck behind a patient who stops at literally every spot looking for parking, which can take ages). But I imagine at 5 PM on a workday leaving this garage would be a disaster.

The garage at Methodist outpatient center is a good example

interesting. I didn't realize they existed already but it makes sense for tall garages. do they have ramps along the long sides that go straight up multiple floors at a time (maybe with little turn offs at each floor) so you don't have to wind around every floor?

as for automated garages, i don't see that happening in the office district of downtown. they seem too susceptible to slow downs at 8 and 5 when a lot of people are coming and going. imagine waiting in line for the thing to retrieve your car at the end of the day. maybe if it was for residential, or under a park or something. but for office workers, i don't see an automated garage being the best fit.

maybe have a semi-automated garage? have like the lowest floors be for self parking and the upper floors have a separate entrance/exit on a different street with an automated retrieval system up the middle or whatever. sure you would lose parking space in the lower self park area, for the car retriever elevator thing, but you would lose that space anyways if it were a fully automated garage.

if there is a long line in the morning for the automated park then just do self park on a lower floor without having to worry about parking on the upper floors of a 16 story parking garage. the split would certainly diversify the garage and regulate the wait for the automated park, as everybody wouldn't be rushing out at 5pm and head straight for the car retriever. half the people could go straight to their car, on a lower more convenient floor, and be on their way home without disturbing the process of the upper floor automated parking process. i think its a pretty neat idea actually. do any semi-automated garages like that exist?

Edited by cloud713

Zoom in on the 6th railed tier from the top.  I'm not sure about how the yellow Ferrari got up there, but...

http://gigapan.com/gigapans/48492/

I tried to find what the tallest parking structure in the world was, and they weren't very tall, this seems taller.

http://www.subwayjoyride.com/2012/08/30/not-transit-tallest-parking-garage-in-the-world/

• Like 1

Of which of the hundreds of buildings lol 

On the Burj Khalifa (tallest building in the world).  On one of the tiered balconies near the top, there's something yellow that might be a sports car.  I guess it had to go up in the service elevator!

Edited by rechlin

On the Burj Khalifa (tallest building in the world).  On one of the tiered balconies near the top, there's something yellow that might be a sports car.  I guess it had to go up in the service elevator!

Either that or someone painted their secret flying car in too bright of colors

• 2 weeks later...

It's a 2015 Ford Mustang on the 112th floor. I can't tell you how I know that...

Ford must be getting more mileage out of the promo car they made for the launch of the new body style Mustang.  They put it up on the ESB observation deck earlier.

0.jpg

43876d1397592647-mustang-50th-anniversar

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...