City View Terrace I & II: Multifamily At 1433 Chartres St.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The variance hearing was October 31.    Staff recommended approval of the variance.  Presumably, it was approved.  (Meeting minutes are not on-line yet.)

Interesting stuff from the Agenda:

Most of the walls on the ground floor will be glass, allowing the pedestrians on the public sidewalk interesting views into the building as well as allowing the people working in the retail space to view activity on the sidewalk and street. These viewing opportunities not only make it more attractive for pedestrians to walk beside the building but also make it safer for people outside and inside. Sidewalks will be wide with enhanced paving and benches. Paving will extend from the building wall to the curb. This will result in a 16.5’ sidewalk on Clay, a 12.8’ sidewalk on Bell, a 14.5’on Chartres and 19.5’ on St. Emanuel.

The variance hearing was October 31.    Staff recommended approval of the variance.  Presumably, it was approved.  (Meeting minutes are not on-line yet.)

Interesting stuff from the Agenda:

Most of the walls on the ground floor will be glass, allowing the pedestrians on the public sidewalk interesting views into the building as well as allowing the people working in the retail space to view activity on the sidewalk and street. These viewing opportunities not only make it more attractive for pedestrians to walk beside the building but also make it safer for people outside and inside. Sidewalks will be wide with enhanced paving and benches. Paving will extend from the building wall to the curb. This will result in a 16.5’ sidewalk on Clay, a 12.8’ sidewalk on Bell, a 14.5’on Chartres and 19.5’ on St. Emanuel.

Thanks for sharing! I haven't dug into these reports like I used to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

None. There was caution tape around a tree but I don't know if that's been there the entire time or not.

What I was talking about. The other ones aren't marked and I noticed smaller flags all around the site today.

13634461784_6f88b7529f_c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You guys are right! Lot is completely fenced off now.

14468927133_371a26dcdc_h.jpg

2014-06-17 19.38.14 by marclongoria, on Flickr

GHJ Construction Inc. It's a Beijing company... looking at their portfolio, they work on HUGE projects. Maybe this is the 80-story----- Nah, just kidding.  ;)  :lol:

14262110119_3844da721b_h.jpg

2014-06-17 19.10.33 by marclongoria, on Flickr

Random but I don't know if anyone ever posted a picture of this...

14468929673_1fa04e04d3_h.jpg

2014-06-17 19.13.22 by marclongoria, on Flickr

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I went by this lot yesterday. Still no activity and I'm surprised we haven't seen anything on the web yet. This is just an opinion, but I think this project will be bigger than we think. Anyone take a look at the projects that GHJ has done? They are huge. Plus, Gensler is the architect firm? I don't know... this could just be a multi-family unit but I smell a tower. Again, just a total guess and I haven't heard anything in the backend channels.

I went by this lot yesterday. Still no activity and I'm surprised we haven't seen anything on the web yet. This is just an opinion, but I think this project will be bigger than we think. Anyone take a look at the projects that GHJ has done? They are huge. Plus, Gensler is the architect firm? I don't know... this could just be a multi-family unit but I smell a tower. Again, just a total guess and I haven't heard anything in the backend channels.

If your speculation came to fruition, I think It would be great! It would be amazing, actually. Anything above 10 or 12 stores would be utterly brilliant.

We shall see......

• 5 months later...

Archived