City View Terrace I & II: Multifamily At 1433 Chartres St.

10066010996_6543016b3e_b.jpg

10066068773_0cdec1e290_b.jpg

10065963345_9d79c63440_b.jpg

• 3 Levels of Parking, 4 Levels of Apartment Space, 1 level of Retail Space 
  • Taking up whole city block, located on SE corner of the George R Brown Convention Center, bound by Clay, St. Emanuel, Bell & Chartes
  • Possible uses for retail space include grocery store and/or food court (Over 50,000 SF of retail space)
  • Developer: PMI Clay LLC 
  • Total Project Cost: $42 Million, w/ $39 Million secured
  • Estimated Ground Breaking: 4th Quarter 2013, w/ end of 2015 completion date.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very close to one of the two additional convention center hotels, proposed East of 59.

It's by the same developer, so I'm guessing he nixed the hotel. I haven't looked close enough yet to determine if its the same site but it looks like it.

...and a very white dog too. 

Rather sad that the Hotel Project may not happen.  However...Residental/Retail ain't too bad.  Wonder what the developer has in mind for the block to the north.  Maybe the Hotel idea is still being considered...just on one block.  Still could be a tower without a large ballroom/meeting room facility.  Having some retail across the street wouldn't hurt that concept.

However..."EaDo" in lights on two newly revealed projects?!  Gawd! 

Is this not taking up two blocks, once again taking away another street? It looks like it per the link site location.

Two blocks are highlighted on the site location map for the project but the renderings all look to be for just one block. Maybe Nips hotel will be on the other block???

^  The narrative included in the initial post clearly states ONE city block:

"Taking up whole city block, located on SE corner of the George R Brown Convention Center, bound by Clay, St. Emanuel, Bell & Chartres."

The hotel site is the block to the north...Bell, St. Emanuel, Polk & Chartres.

^ The narrative included in the initial post clearly states ONE city block:

"Taking up whole city block, located on SE corner of the George R Brown Convention Center, bound by Clay, St. Emanuel, Bell & Chartres."

The hotel site is the block to the north...Bell, St. Emanuel, Polk & Chartres.

Never mind

He meant the inner inner inner loop.. 59/45/10. Lol.

I dig this project but agree it would be nice if they covered the parking garage with vines. It's not too bad though.. Hopefully they score some nice retail or that much needed grocery store.

Won't the project be isolated behind grb after they build the grb expansion? Or is it on the edge along the street the east end streetcar is supposed to go down into downtown?

Edit, looks like its 1 block north of the east west line into downtown, but may be along the north/south streetcar line?

Won't the project be isolated behind grb after they build the grb expansion? Or is it on the edge along the street the east end streetcar is supposed to go down into downtown?

St. Emanuel St. is the main drag in EaDo. It's a good enough location, I have a friend who used to live in the Ballpark Lofts and it's just like living in Midtown except a little quieter and the rent's sightly cheaper (or was). Nice infill, I'm sure we'll see plenty of freeway shots of it's construction.

Archived