• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That doesn't look bad..

Yeah I'm actually surprised! If they would just get rid of the darn hardy plank!!!!!! OMG GET RID OF HARDY PLANK!!!!

I still think they missed a golden opportunity to put ground floor retail with these being so close to the stadium! That should have been a no-brainer.

Yeah I'm actually surprised! If they would just get rid of the darn hardy plank!!!!!! OMG GET RID OF HARDY PLANK!!!!

I still think they missed a golden opportunity to put ground floor retail with these being so close to the stadium! That should have been a no-brainer.

Agreed.. Does anyone know what occupies the ground floor northeastern corner of the Ballpark Lofts building closest to BBVA/the light rail stop? I wonder if they could somehow implement GFR/a sports bar or something in that corner fronting the stadium/LRT activity.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Liking the way this one turned out.

Random side note.... wish the East Side TIRZ, Dynamo, Astros, and Harris County Sports Authority or Whatever could get together and developed a better parking solution to the two stadiums and add a little bit of mixed use on that large surface lot across from BBVA Stadium. 

Random side note.... wish the East Side TIRZ, Dynamo, Astros, and Harris County Sports Authority or Whatever could get together and developed a better parking solution to the two stadiums and add a little bit of mixed use on that large surface lot across from BBVA Stadium.

heh, I'm sure more than a few of us have wished that very same thing. i know I've drawn up mixed use developments on those parking lots, redistributing the surface parking spaces into 2 garages, one next to each stadium (it would be cool to see a [narrow] garage between MMP and 59 with upper deck ball park connectivity to the upper floors of the garage for direct access to your vehicle, without ever having to go outside), allowing a handful of blocks to be open to redevelopment. not to mention the proposed trenching/rerouting of 59/45 with a potential deck park above would come into play for the redevelopment of those parking lots. green space is always a positive for developers.

• 3 weeks later...

hopefully put in some vines, but probably nothing.

If I wanted to live in an apartment in/around downtown, this would be my spot. I'd try to get into one of the apartments facing the stadium so I could sit out on my porch and listen to the games, and watch the fireworks for weekend astros games. This is really going to end up being one of the better spots.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived