Office Building For Midtown At 3501 Main St.

Moore713

See that's the catch. In those pictures the garage was part of a variety of uses for those sites while this is probably going to be a several tenant or maybe single tenant commercial building so not much incentive for them to go above and beyond to dress up the garage. I'm sure in those examples the projects had to contend with much stricter neighborhood design standards, plus probably got incentives to try and do more with the property......also zoning :P

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this in a semi-unrelated article. Think we've heard most of this... but has the reason for the larger parking garage been mentioned?

In addition to the office tower, RHS Interests plans to build 30,000 square feet of shop space, 363 apartments and a shared parking garage with 773 spaces. Construction could start in 60 days. The developer has been active in Midtown since 1999 when it bought part of the 3700 block of Main near Alabama and opened the Continental Club. It owns other nearby buildings that house restaurants such as the Breakfast Klub and Sparrow. Little said the office building won't break ground until a company has committed to leasing a substantial amount of space. Potential tenants, he said, could include medical-related firms that can't find space in the Texas Medical Center or downtown occupants that want to get out of the congestion in the central business district. "We don't want this to be a speculative development and throw anything up and hope for the best," Little said. "This is a well-known, recognized developer for that area and they want to be prudent in their approach." Little said the developer is planning to ask a net rental rate of $30 per square foot per year for the new office space. The building will have a higher-than-typical parking ratio with three spaces per 1,000 square feet of office space. "Downtown," Little said, "you're lucky to get 1 per 1,000."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/sarnoff/article/Condo-developer-dials-up-luxury-for-historic-5529311.php

Edited by Triton

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't know how old these markers are but I don't believe I've seen them before. My photo is making it look faded but it's definitely not.

15172048536_d946950c34_h.jpg

2014-09-09 19.33.51 by marclongoria, on Flickr

These markers are now gone from Mid Main since construction has started and there are now markers where this office tower will be going in.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
On July 14, 2016 at 4:40 PM, Alec said:

Nothing has changed since they scraped the grass to create a parking lot (which one HAIFer interpreted as groundbreaking for the project - what an idiot).

Someone interpreted the parking lot work as a groundbreaking..? Even if they did, not sure that's worth calling someone an "idiot".

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, cloud713 said:

Someone interpreted the parking lot work as a groundbreaking..? Even if they did, not sure that's worth calling someone an "idiot".

well, it is literally true (if one wishes to be a tad pedantic...).  It's just not a *****"Groundbreaking"*****

:mellow:

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Office Building For Midtown At 3501 Main St.