Catalyst: Residential High-Rise At 1475 Texas Ave.

TowerSpotter

Another crane added to the downtown area. I was thinking, Houston could surpass Austin in downtown residential construction. We only have 4 residential towers U/C with the rest either office or hotel.

• Like 1

Totally off topic......

Can someone tell me the history of that Citgo sign on MMP? Obviously a reference to Fenway Park and Kenmore Sq in Boston but, why did MMP chose to include it as a purposeful design decision?

Probably Citgo paid them. That Fenway Park sign is as iconic as the old Cains Mayonnaise sign next to the MIT campus.

Good thing this closed when it did. A few weeks later and they wouldn't of been able to make a deal. They're having trouble getting financing for the 24 story. A foreign billionaire is supposed to come into town next week for finance talks. They're currently in talks with a restaurant on the corner closest to 500 Crawford. And apparently they build all their units so that they can be converted to condos in the future.

• Like 1

Good thing this closed when it did. A few weeks later and they wouldn't of been able to make a deal. They're having trouble getting financing for the 24 story. A foreign billionaire is supposed to come into town next week for finance talks. They're currently in talks with a restaurant on the corner closest to 500 Crawford. And apparently they build all their units so that they can be converted to condos in the future.

What?

building in condo conversion flexibility is very common - it adds little to the overall cost of the project but can enhance the project value upon exit. i'd be surprised if most mf highrises going up weren't built to condo specs.

• Like 1

In the Catalyst? would that be at Texas and LaBranch?

So, do I understand correctly that the low rise building is financed and that is what is under construction..... But the highrise is NOT yet financed and is not under construction?

No. The 28 story Catalyst is under construction. The same company has a 24 story building planned around the corner of MMP. The 24 story building is awaiting financing.

Edited by LarryDierker
  • Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I still can't see the second tower crane base, the fact that the one crane is right in the middle of the block makes it seem there may only be one. It's possible the second one may be on the east side where the garage/low rise section  will be.

RPEk8OS.jpg

8vcAd5y.jpg

• Like 9

• 3 weeks later...

From the 609 Main webcam it looks like they are doing a mat pour this morning.

The footprint on this building looks like it will be pretty large.  I'm looking forward to this and the Alexan across Texas, which was still a go last I heard.

• Like 2