TowerSpotter

Catalyst: New 28-Story Residential High-Rise for Downtown

862 posts in this topic

Idc if the mods delete this, I've mentioned this so many times and I'm told constantly by the HaifCares account that it's fixed. It is, but it's only for a month or two. 

New Ownership can you please stop making people want to leave this site? And while I'm on my rant, make the mobile site useable. It's awful.

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

lol ok

IMG_6865.PNG

Edit; that's a post from awhile ago, but the "isn't unstable on mobile" is hilarious. Ever since TheSwitch, the site feels like a nostalgia trip to DialUp level speeds. 

Edited by BigFootsSocks
1 person likes this

Super annoying. Happens to me every time I open the site, at least once. 

3 people like this

Wow I thought it was only me.  I've changed my password several times just in case and I still get redirected. 

2 people like this

I can deal with the ads that pop up and give the "close ad to proceed to page" thing even tho it's annoying as hell, but that, on top of the ad that doesn't disappear at the bottom of the page, and these redirects are so weird. I love this forum and the community, but let's be honest here, it's not particularly big. It's odd that the change in leadership has decided to profit as much as possible off a small user base. Are they trying to get as much profit as possible before a majority of the users leave, or did they just not have a great plan in place when they took over?

I dealt with this for awhile, and I've only been posting here for a few years, but one would think that there'd be more transparency from the ownership on what's going on with the site and their plans for its future than spamming its user base with ads. At least Moderator used to interact with the users here.

3 people like this

use the adblock browser for Android. it's a version of Firefox for Android with adblock built in.

When was there a change in ownership?

This site used to be way more active 10 years ago. Lots of interesting people got either chased off or bored. It seems like the last few months, the board has been slowly drying up on new content other than the "bots." I kinda assumed it was because there aren't as many new projects now but maybe there's more to it...

1 person likes this

11 hours ago, BigFootsSocks said:

Is there an alternative for iPhone?

I use Purify on my phone -   and it cut my data usage into tiny pieces.  You'd be amazed how much data those ads use

2 people like this

10 hours ago, KinkaidAlum said:

When was there a change in ownership?

This site used to be way more active 10 years ago. Lots of interesting people got either chased off or bored. It seems like the last few months, the board has been slowly drying up on new content other than the "bots." I kinda assumed it was because there aren't as many new projects now but maybe there's more to it...

I see what you're saying but I think the site always flourishes when the city is getting a lot of development activity. 2003-04, 2007-08, and 2013-15 have been the peak eras. Each has brought a new group of people, with some continuity. Hard to say which was best, although the runup to the light rail referendum in 2003, with Super Bowl hot on its heels, was something unique. Certainly this last boom though has been the golden age of following projects day by day as they progress thanks to phone cameras, from soil sampling onward.

We've lost some good characters but also some real a-holes who I'm glad are gone. We've got a couple of new ones, but relatively mild compared to the past.

2 people like this