Catalyst: Residential High-Rise At 1475 Texas Ave.

TowerSpotter

• 4 weeks later...

Ms. Galvan, if you're reading, I may cram my family into a two bedroom apartment in this place if you make the current shop a diner and have "full blown Mexican breakfast" in the new space every Saturday.  Whoever my cardiologist will be in the future will name a boat after you.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Nate99 said:

Ms. Galvan, if you're reading, I may cram my family into a two bedroom apartment in this place if you make the current shop a diner and have "full blown Mexican breakfast" in the new space every Saturday.  Whoever my cardiologist will be in the future will name a boat after you.

Ms. Galvin, please DON'T do this because I can't afford to spend this much money dining out each week!  PLEASE! Just DON'T!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Pitts said:

$1.3 million seems like a lot of money to build out a restaurant space. Can any industry people comment?

For an upscale restaurant in a great location, that is common. My sister's friend owns Broken Barrel in Hughes Landing, and they spent about that.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is the lot where the Hogan-Allnoch building was demolished a couple years ago. The owners mentioned that they wanted to build a boutique hotel with retail in this spot so I'm hoping they are moving forward with their plans.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/sarnoff/article/Old-downtown-building-sold-and-demolished-with-6692023.php

Previous Thread:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, houstontexasjack said:

I saw there was a truck with three workers taking soil samples from the asphalt lot to the west of this apartment complex. When I enquired as to the purpose, the workers just told me the samples were "for a new building."  Do we have any information on this?  

The asphalt lot fronting Texas Avenue there was bought by a group affiliated with Liberty Hospitality a couple years ago. Liberty brought us the Embassy Suites and the Hyatt/Homewood Suites, both epochal architectural moments for downtown.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, H-Town Man said:

The asphalt lot fronting Texas Avenue there was bought by a group affiliated with Liberty Hospitality a couple years ago. Liberty brought us the Embassy Suites and the Hyatt/Homewood Suites, both epochal architectural moments for downtown.

Well, at least the companies that make synthetic stucco will have a good Christmas knowing that a big order might be coming!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, H-Town Man said:

On the bright side, I’ll have another building in which to duck in to go to the bathroom on walks. So, there’s that.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...