Catalyst: Residential High-Rise At 1475 Texas Ave.

TowerSpotter

I just have to comment at this point -

seems like the glass outer shell is taking AGES to get done in an area with tons of available construction "man" power available ?  Shortage of glass ?  Maybe problems with delivery of the product by the manufacturer ?

609 Main has only been U/C for a while longer, yet is almost finished with the cladding, despite being about 10 times as massive.  Just my two cents.  :) 

• Like 2

Most of the panels still have the white protective skin attached and I'm hoping that once it's removed the brown panels will be a nice contrast to the dark glazing. I also like the way the Catalyst panels play with the brick of the adjacent County tower. I trust that Ziegler Cooper took all of those things into consideration in planning for the color, and  I think the peeling white sheets also detract from seeing the whole effect.

I'd give it a little longer because I think once finished this will be a nice addition to the eastide view. It definitely stretches the skyline.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hindesky said:

Word is the tower crane from Catalyst is coming down starting Monday.

That's good news as it means the building is nearing completion.  But, I am surprised that they would take it down on a week day.  I occurs to me that it seems that this activity is normally done on a weekend in downtown.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, UtterlyUrban said:

That's good news as it means the building is nearing completion.  But, I am surprised that they would take it down on a week day.  I occurs to me that it seems that this activity is normally done on a weekend in downtown.

They use the tower crane itself to lower it to a height where a crane on the ground can finish it on the weekend.

Like this video but instead of adding sections they take them off.

• Like 5