sevfiv

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Avossos said:

Post Office site has a different name - something with Post in it... The Name "Northbank" is in reference to the corner of Waugh and the bayou.

Central Post IIRC - not too late for a name change though. 

On 7/6/2016 at 11:26 AM, Houston19514 said:

It's possible Midway is doing both.  The 2015 annual report discussion may very well refer to the post office site.  It seems the purchase of the KBR property likely occurred after the annual report went to print.

That's the most likely scenario. The report came out in March while the KBR site was purchased in May.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, ew2003 said:

According to an article about Day for Night posted by Paper City today, the post office site will be called Central Post.  

http://www.papercitymag.com/culture/day-for-night/

So, back to the hunt for where the Northbank project will be!

It has previously gone by Central Post before. We are not sure whether the name has changed or not. I believe that article is going off of older information. If you go to the comments section of this article, you can see where Central Post was originally mentioned: http://swamplot.com/midway-our-giant-fifth-ward-site-wont-be-called-northbank-buffalo-bayou-but-something-else-might/2016-07-07/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

One because it's on the northbanks of the Buffalo Bayou.

Isn't the theory that 100 Waugh could actually be Northbanks? That rendering looks awfully like it could be the post office location.

I just saw this Culture Map article from last month that recaps an event held there and refers to it as Central Post as well.

"More than 400 guests got a taste of what makes a number of emerging Houston businesses unique at a Market gathering hosted by NextSeed co-founders Youngro Lee, Abraham Chu, and Robert Dunton at Central Post, a landmark that once housed the downtown post office and is now being developed into a 14-acre mixed use center."

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/innovation/06-10-16-emerging-houston-businesses-show-why-theyre-unique-at-nextseed-market/#slide=0

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

I took a look at the domains Lovett Commercial registered two months ago, none were Central Post. All were variations of Post HTX.

Perhaps the office portion is Central Post. Either way, that is the portion Colvill is working on and it is at the post office site.

Just finished talking to Colvill some more. The project is currently wrapping up its design phase but there isn't a set time when they will announce. I have a feeling we might hear something next quarter though. They told me to expect something "new and different" with their design.

• Like 3