cloud713

Post HTX: 401 Franklin Post Office Site Redevelopment

downtownian    371
1 hour ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

The Post HTX video on Vimeo is no longer private (Lovett Commerical marked it private after Swamplot's report on the mixed use details with renderings)

The video is outdated and doesn't show the newer renderings from the brochure that was online last year. Outdated as it may be (I think it was from late 2016), it's similar to the newer renderings and depictions from Post HTX's leasing brochure and website design plans that hasn't been updated to show the renderings.

https://player.vimeo.com/video/201923389

The video mentions that there will be co-working (1:35) and a food hall (1:38). I feel like downtown is already saturated with these things.

We already have 4 food halls open / in planning stages and there is a 10 story WeWork coming to 708 Main...

j_cuevas713    1008
5 minutes ago, downtownian said:

The video mentions that there will be co-working (1:35) and a food hall (1:38). I feel like downtown is already saturated with these things.

We already have 4 food halls open / in planning stages and there is a 10 story WeWork coming to 708 Main...

You can't have enough. If you want downtown to grow and densify, these types of developments can't have just 1 or 2 locations. You need lot's of these types of meeting places for PEOPLE.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, downtownian said:

Yes. The co-working offices and food in planning for Post HTX in downtown Houston ( 401 Franklin ) were in the brochure that Lovett Commerical pulled offline.  Both are listed here, here (on this page), here, here, and here with details from the brochure, full website (that will be launched soon), and other materials.

I do not if a name has been released for the co-working spaces, but the food hall is Post Market. There are also food stalls along the loading docks from the renderings, they're named Dock Street Market.

• Like 3

j_cuevas713    1008

With the way they are explaining this location it just makes sense that this is going to become our SoMa SF. It's centrally located in an overall thriving area with solid infrastructure and the ability to draw some MAJOR tenants. I think the city will eventually name this our tech district which would be absolutely huge and a real game changer for this city. When a company like We Work opens offices in your city, it's because they see the potential for technology. We have to capitalize on this and keep our young talent in Houston. I work in animation and I've been waiting a very long time to see something like this happen. I just didn't know where and when it would happen. 

Edited by j_cuevas713
  • Like 3