Market Square Tower: 40-Story High-Rise At 777 Preston St.

Urbannizer

http://urbanland.uli.org/planning-design/city-almost-no-limits/

This article is mainly about the lack of zoning here, but there was an interesting tidbit about the market square tower

the 40-story Hines Market Square tower, featuring a mix of luxury residential and commercial space that will offer amenities ranging from a virtual golf simulator to a grocery store, 

Did we know about this?  I don't remember anything about the virtual golf simulator, and I didn't know if the grocery store was anything more than a rumor.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It is.  Which is why I'm glad the residential tower next to it is of similar scale.  It "neutralizes" the garages impact somewhat.

Both it and Hines' residential tower will be about the same height or a little taller than Calpine/717 Texas. They should serve to make the garage just sort of vanish in to the density rather than be the doorstop on the NE side of downtown.

It is.  Which is why I'm glad the residential tower next to it is of similar scale.  It "neutralizes" the garages impact somewhat.

They should really put some murals or ads or something to break the monotony of that garage

• Like 2

Peering between the building and garage, it looks like they are building in walkways between the two. Either that or they are taking all the space they can for those floorplans since the balconies would be extremely odd.  

2elcygo.jpg

• Like 7