Market Square Tower: 40-Story High-Rise At 777 Preston St.

Urbannizer

How tall is calpine center?

Im trying to figure out if this is the ever important building that will finally stretch the skyline northward when viewed from 45 south inbound.

As it stands, the skyline seems to end at the former Chase bank building, which leaves the skyline lacking towards the north because of the severe dropoff after the 75 story building. Fingers crossed.

I know commercial floors are taller than resi, so i will be let down if this tower isnt much taller than Calpine.

According to skyscraper page, Calpine Center is 453' tall.

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=31927

How tall is calpine center?

Im trying to figure out if this is the ever important building that will finally stretch the skyline northward when viewed from 45 south inbound.

As it stands, the skyline seems to end at the former Chase bank building, which leaves the skyline lacking towards the north because of the severe dropoff after the 75 story building. Fingers crossed.

I know commercial floors are taller than resi, so i will be let down if this tower isnt much taller than Calpine.

At 502 ft tall it is almost excatly half the height of 600 Travis(1002 ft) so it will extend the skyline but the drop off will still be notable.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One of my co-workers relatives is the site foreman on this job for the concrete work. Believe me they are going full out on this project putting in long hours.Getting off the ground floor takes a lot of not so visible prep work. Things should begin to speed up from a visible standpoint now though. Supposedly they are really excited about this job since it is one of the few that is using a mobile jacking form for the center shaft.

• Like 7

This is one of the biggest fallacies of the internet, instant gratification! Foundations take such a long time to prepare and I'm sure they had to deal with a lot of unknowns when they initially dug down. Not to mention they are squished between the street and the existing parking garage. Once you get the foundation done the rest sort of falls into place.

• Like 2

Luminare brings up an excellent point.  This project doesnt have as large laydown yard for material as some of the other projects in Downtown. This affects the ordering and storage of materials needed for construction, which can make scheduling and project management more cumbersome and tedious. Also, the joke earlier about the truck probably does have some credence.  I know if I was engineer of record for this project, and a truck hit my structure like it did, I'd hire a 3rd party engineer to perform an evaluation of the 'damaged' area before proceeding. 

• Like 3