Spring High School At 19428 I-45 N.

VicMan

This event highlights what the suburbs are already going through (and will continue to see increase). It's a fact that lower income families are flooding the suburbs as land in the city gets more expensive. This pattern is occurring everywhere around the country (and has already done so in Europe). Spring was a nice HS back when I was at Cy-Creek, but it sounds like they have a serious gang problem now. Give it another 10-15 years and I believe you'll see problems even crop up in the Woodlands, Sugar Land, Cinco Ranch type areas as well.

• Like 2

This event highlights what the suburbs are already going through (and will continue to see increase). It's a fact that lower income families are flooding the suburbs as land in the city gets more expensive. This pattern is occurring everywhere around the country (and has already done so in Europe). Spring was a nice HS back when I was at Cy-Creek, but it sounds like they have a serious gang problem now. Give it another 10-15 years and I believe you'll see problems even crop up in the Woodlands, Sugar Land, Cinco Ranch type areas as well.

I totally agree. People always cite better schools when moving to the suburbs, but what now? Will they move even further out? At a certain point it makes more sense to stay in the city and swing for a private school or try to get into a charter school if you're faced with a 2hr commute each way.

Edited by TGM

Considering that the victim was a black student and the suspects were Latino, it's likely the older, more affluent whites will leave Spring ISD and head towards either Katy ISD or somewhere like Waller ISD.

Since this is a northside district, it's better to compare it to other northside ones: Conroe ISD, Klein ISD, and to stretch things, Magnolia or Willis??

• 11 months later...
  • The title was changed to Spring High School Stabbing: Will Demographics Change
  • The title was changed to Spring High School At 19428 I-45 N.