Guilty Pleasures: Movies/Music

Montrose1100

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 6/27/2020 at 3:12 PM, hindesky said:

Chilling out at home listening to KTRU waiting for the dust to leave before I go riding.

Wow I haven't heard a bassline like that since the Berlin Love Parade stopped.

I follow the r/nudisco and every few weeks a real jewel will be shared.

Sometimes something more lounge will be posted

Also, the French House is particularly cool. This is definitely commute music driving through town.

Or French House remixes

What would a NuDisco playlist be without a little Classixx?

Then, what would NuDisco be without a club or poolside banger?

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

The video is very cute but the Kid Cudi remix is great, been searching for it all morning. Finally found it in 2 places. Soundcloud (where I scrolled over it initially because the beginning is different but eventually the portion they used comes thru...) and a YouTube version.

• Like 2

This is kinda of an oldie but while going thru my Soundcloud I listened to it again. The gist of this is the 2 girls voices you hear found some guys iPhone in an Uber and they took a video with his phone with them twerking in bathing suits. He then uploaded it online and it went viral especially here in Houston. Then several DJ's made songs about it. Turns out they were both teachers in Houston.

Original vid posted by the girls.....

Lots of remixes were made but this is my favorite DJ mix.....

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Listening to some of my all time favorites iTunes songs. Wick it the Instigator Mash up of Big Boi vs Black Keys. Some of his mash ups are in my all time top ten. Big Boi thought he should have been nominated for a Grammy for this album he created.

Edited by hindesky
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

For some reason, this song/video  has resurrected itself to become a recent obsession with me.
Strange coincidence that this airport-themed video was shot at WTC. Also, notice the theme of keys being twirled by the various women.
The blonde, especially, has such a star quality on camera. 

Edited by dbigtex56
  • Like 3

• 4 months later...

This has seeped back into my consciousness. The rhythm reminds me of Pet Shop Boys "Rent" speeded up, and the chorus (especially the way he sings  'forever') puts me in mind of Bowie. 

Spoiler

Edited by dbigtex56

• 3 months later...
On 6/21/2021 at 2:17 AM, hindesky said:

Saw them at Day For Night, during their set a rainy cold front came in and dropped the temperature about 30º. I was in shorts and had to walk to the light rail in the freezing rain.

That was a pretty epic set. My buddy and I were also inappropriately dressed for the weather and had 1.) ridden our bikes to DFN from the East End 2.) agreed to meet our girlfriends (now wives) at Anvil after the show so we hauled down Milam as quickly as we could to both stay warm and minimize how long we were out in the cold. Good times.

• Like 2