Development List For Buildings In Houston

Urbannizer

I think Dallas and Houston are fairly close but Dallas Ft Worth has significantly more space

i guess if you consider 15 million square feet "fairly close".. and are you referring to "Houston" (aka Downtown), or are you referring to all of Houston.. downtown, uptown, the texas medical center (all over 30 million square feet), greenway plaza/upper kirby, the woodlands, katy/energy corridor, memorial city, briarlake plaza, greenspoint, memorial park, the museum district, ect..? because i seriously doubt DFW is "significantly larger" than the greater Houston area.

i guess if you consider 15 million square feet "fairly close".. and are you referring to "Houston" (aka Downtown), or are you referring to all of Houston.. downtown, uptown, the texas medical center (all over 30 million square feet), greenway plaza/upper kirby, the woodlands, katy/energy corridor, memorial city, briarlake plaza, greenspoint, memorial park, the museum district, ect..? because i seriously doubt DFW is "significantly larger" than the greater Houston area.

If I can remember correctly, With the medical center space included Houston was at about 200M sq feet while the metroplex was at about 170M

Last I checked DTD had only about 25Msq ft of space. For some reason market reports combine DTD with the office Space of DTFW so while it may show up as Downtown Dallas -37M sq ft you have to keep in mind that that includes two downtown.

Uptown and TMC are both large than DTD, and DTH is almost twice as large as DTD

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The list has been revised for 2014.

Downtown development map updated.

Two Briarlake Plaza and Shiek Zayed Bin Sultan MD Anderson Cancer Center removed.

Hyatt Regency Hotel and Kirby Grove at Levy Park moved to u/c.

Camden Residential added.

Question: Anyone know if this is for Houston? If so, where? Ziegler Cooper is the architect; I know Sprouts is currently looking around for new locations.

11141245976_f5326cf22b_b.jpg

Here's a list for projects going up, but not above ten-floors: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showpost.php?p=2274346&postcount=2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not surprising though. I was thinking they'd target Uptown but River Oaks is pretty close. Probably going to get the different roof design.

The airplane hanger? I hope not..

So where do we think this will go? Westheimer, or San Felipe? Near the Huntington and 2229 would make sense but I don't know where they would put it, without buying up houses to demolish.

Edited by cloud713

I think the next version of this is going to have alot added. I am not sure about moving things from Proposed / Approved to "under contruction", but the "proposed' list has certainly grown in the past month. Montrose residential,  additional market square residential, Uptown developments.

Cool progress.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, took some time revising the list for February.

Downtown Development Map Updated

New to the list: Skyhouse River Oaks, Chelsea Montrose, 9807 & 9811 Katy Freeway, Westcreek Center, Anadarko Tower IV

Renderings added: 3400 Montrose, Block 52/1400 Texas, State National Bank Building

Moved from proposed to u/c: Hilcorp Energy Tower, 2229 San Felipe

Moved from rumored to proposed: Anadarko Tower III

• Like 1

Awesome -

Urbannizer, did you include the 16 story parking garage downtown near Wedge Tower and Hyatt? I might have missed it. Also, West Ave phase III planned section? Alley Theater Renovation - scheduled July 2014 start.

Thanks for your work here!

Edited by Avossos

Awesome -

Urbannizer, did you include the 16 story parking garage downtown near Wedge Tower and Hyatt? I might have missed it. Also, West Ave phase III planned section? Alley Theater Renovation - scheduled July 2014 start.

Thanks for your work here!

Didn't add the parking garage because it's just a parking structure, and I believe the Alley Theater is not tall enough to make it to the list. How tall is West Ave Phase III?

Didn't add the parking garage because it's just a parking structure, and I believe the Alley Theater is not tall enough to make it to the list. How tall is West Ave Phase III?

Not sure, but I was under the impression that it was be the same sized complex as Phase I and II.

Sorry about my lack of details.

The list is for structures over 10 stories. Where did the speculation of a 4th Andarko tower come from? I knew a third was planned..

Another HAIFer shared some info with me. Anadarko Tower III is a "done deal" according to his source, meaning we can expect to hear something in the near future.

IV is in the early planning stage, he was the first to tell us about Shell and his source is pretty good so I placed it on the list.

New downtown development map released: http://downtownhouston.org/site_media/uploads/attachments/2014-01-29/140122_Current_Projects_11x17.pdf

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, took some time revising the list for February.

Downtown Development Map Updated

New to the list: Skyhouse River Oaks, Chelsea Montrose, 9807 & 9811 Katy Freeway, Westcreek Center, Anadarko Tower IV

Renderings added: 3400 Montrose, Block 52/1400 Texas, State National Bank Building

Moved from proposed to u/c: Hilcorp Energy Tower, 2229 San Felipe

Moved from rumored to proposed: Anadarko Tower III

Anadarko lV? What info. do you have on that? The rendering that came out of the new 20+story building across from Lake Robbins, is that supposed to be Anadarko lll?

Another HAIFer shared some info with me. Anadarko Tower III is a "done deal" according to his source, meaning we can expect to hear something in the near future.

IV is in the early planning stage, he was the first to tell us about Shell and his source is pretty good so I placed it on the list.

New downtown development map released: http://downtownhouston.org/site_media/uploads/attachments/2014-01-29/140122_Current_Projects_11x17.pdf

• 2 weeks later...