Development List For Buildings In Houston

Urbannizer

On 7/30/2022 at 8:48 PM, arche_757 said:

@Luminare what I’ve heard from clients is: they’re wanting to get started on projects so that when they are completed we will be emerging/have emerged from recession… seems many are thinking that it won’t be as deep or painful as others.   Only time will tell?

Seems to make sense. I bet many developers because of covid lockdowns had a bunch of projects in inventory that they need to offload. Even with FED rates rising, real rates are still ridiculously low, so even with lead times through the roof, and material prices through the roof, it still pays to take construction loans. Real estate while starting to drop is still way up as well. I do see this window closing sooner rather than later. I'm just glad projects are still activating. These days, take what you can when you can seems to be the truism.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Large bump in Houston payrolls logged through September 2022...
Dallas Fed

"...

Payroll jobs have grown 5.8 percent this year through September. At that pace, the metro would add 183,600 jobs by year-end to reach 3.4 million. That would represent a full recovery to the number of jobs Houston would have reached had it stayed on its 2000‒19 pace of growth. Year to date, all industries have grown.

The one-month change in local payrolls accelerated to 6.6 percent, led by the leisure and hospitality sector and professional and business services. However, monthly jobs data are highly volatile at the local-industry level and subject to substantial revision. Of the four industry subsectors that lost jobs in September, only the large trade, transportation and utilities sector declined for two consecutive months.

Houston’s unemployment rate ticked down to 4.4 percent in September amid continued labor force growth. For comparison, the unemployment rate was 4.0 percent in Texas and 3.5 percent nationally..."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Interesting...  The entire block where the Chase motor bank was located is owned by Woodbranch Block 18, LLC.  Woodbranch is the company that built and owns Market Square Tower (in that particular case, the entity is named Woodbranch Tower LLC).  Could we have another high rise apartment tower starting next year?

Never mind.  Probably in the planning, but perhaps not next year... (See hindesky's post below clarifying matters)

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, enriquewx91 said:

Was in downtown last night and on the corner of Milam and Franklin there was a sign of a new building coming in 2024.

Can't find anything on this?

I think you might have seen this sign at Commerce and Milan.

CeBoEHi.jpg

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...