Development List For Buildings In Houston

Urbannizer

17 minutes ago, Luminare said:

and I've only scratched the surface. Whats on there right now is just the first page and a half of "Going Up". More to come. Wanted to find some way of giving back to HAIF.

Thank you for all the work.  I'll be bookmarking for sure.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BeerNut said:

Thank you for all the work.  I'll be bookmarking for sure.

Appreciate. When I make my official post I'll also be needing assistance with it. You guys are the eyes and ears. I'll probably try to recruit people for things that I'm not very good at finding particularly for the "On The Market & Rumors" Section, and "Demolitions". Theres other things that I have in mind as well, but those are a few things.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 3

Awesome! I literally started something like this yesterday before I saw your link. I thought "Ah. Great minds. ;-p" and this is easily 1000x better than what I was doing! Thank you SO much! Let us know how we can help. 

Edited by pm91
Got so excited, forgot to actually say thank you... my bad!
  • Like 3

On 7/8/2019 at 1:42 PM, Luminare said:

Now try. As well as those that probably couldn't see it before. Forgot to press the share button and give permissions to those who have the link to access the map. Let me know if it works.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit?hl=en&mid=1J_89cR1sxP4muIAHRJlm6TajoQPyoswJ&ll=29.744508003201226%2C-95.37503325305198&z=16

Added to first post of this thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hindesky said:

Don't forget about TMC3 and UH additions including the Medical School.

Definitely. Still a lot of stuff to put in.

Just traced out the entire NHHIP (North Houston Highway Improvement Project). Its on the map now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:53 AM, Luminare said:

In order to really get this back on track, I guess I can show y'all what I've been working on the past week. Its not ready for prime-time yet (meaning a dedicated thread in Going Up *which I'll try to get it pinned*), but thought it would be nice to give a good preview. Basically I'm working on a dedicated HAIF Development map. I'm sure there are others out there, but I've gotten tired of either searching for them or relying on others to keep them updated. It still has a ways to go as there is so much content on this site to comb through. For now I'll leave the link here:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit?hl=en&mid=1J_89cR1sxP4muIAHRJlm6TajoQPyoswJ&ll=29.744508003201226%2C-95.37503325305198&z=16

EDIT: Link should be fixed.

This is amazing! Don't forget the proposed midrises on Navigation @ Runnels St.

• Like 1

Wow.

Pulling out to smaller scale really brings home how massively the western end of Allen Parkway and the former Brown & Root complex are going change things if/when they come to full fruition.

• Like 2

Appreciate all the support! Shifted focus to infrastructure. Just finished tracing the proposed TCR highspeed rail route from NW Mall to the point where it exits Harris County. Dropped in some of the proposed MetroNext Light Rail Extensions and station locations.

• Like 6

Another cool thing about you creating this ma is you can save it to your google maps and use it to get around town and see all the projects in person/get photos.  I know a lot of the usual construction update peeps are familiar with where things are going up, but for someone like me who has a better knowledge of what the projects look like than exact locations, it's very helpful!

• Like 2

On 7/18/2019 at 11:05 AM, Luminare said:

Underlying trends I'm noticing/things I've been looking out for while making this map (thus far):

-Braun Enterprises (seem all in on The Heights)
-Brookfield Properties (New York based which bought up a local realtor that held a bunch of office properties in Houston, all in on Downtown)
-Urban Genesis (Local crew which has really exploded of late. They are all over the map, but focused on more "historic" neighborhoods)
-Tipps Architecture (these guys keep getting small commercial work here, and its easy to see why. They have a very consistent look, and designs are good/consistent)
-large "urban core" projects explosion incoming

-multifamily is not slowing down in the slightest

-when you hear an announcement about a multifamily or "urban core" project. keep a look out for surrounding areas. the "dominos" of properties that surround these kinds of projects fall pretty quick (which is really good sign of forward momentum)

-are we all the sudden florida? we are getting a steady stream of "senior housing" in all areas of the city
-affordable housing has momentum in EaDo and East End *EDIT* and 3rd Ward

Again this is absent of the heavy hitters. Wanted to highlight the underlying trends I've been noticing.

would like to know more on Urban and Tipps 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, hindesky said:

@Luminare Please don't forget about the 2 projects currently going up in UH plus the probable UH Med School and the 2 going up at Rice Univ.

Definitely. I'll be doing a round robin of universities and school districts at some point. Reserving those for late....and because those mega threads take a bit to piece together.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Luminare said:

This area is on fire right now, figuratively.

YM0ix8o.jpg

Not even done plotting everything in that area yet.

What's even crazier to think about is that if you included all of these proposed and under construction projects, and then added color to everything that has been built or redeveloped since 2000, nearly this entire picture would be in color.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Luminare said:

This area is on fire right now, figuratively.

YM0ix8o.jpg

Not even done plotting everything in that area yet.

Dont forget 1818 washington Ave is u/c and the center street property has a new parking lot on it. right side of map..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Avossos said:

Dont forget 1818 washington Ave is u/c and the center street property has a new parking lot on it. right side of map..

Added that and all of Lovett Commercials holdings last night, which are possible development for Sawyer Yards.

GrV8ZMR.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Triton said:

nearly this entire picture would be in color.

everything that wasn't colored east of sawyer would be a house built 100+ years ago too. which i think is what makes 6th ward + 1st ward so special.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Texasota said:

Well, Sixth Ward at least. Not much left of First.

Yeah was about to say the same thing. Walked this area a few times now, and its mostly townhomes. Most of the old homes in that area are gone now. The ones that are left are in very rough shape.