Urbannizer

Development List for Buildings in Houston - March, 2014

598 posts in this topic

Great list Urbannizer.

There is also the Phillips 66 HQ in Westchase, Block 10 west I believe it will be 12 stories, Towne Centre phase 1 will be 10 stories by Moody Rambin.

and the new Cameron HQ off of the beltway, FMC at Generation Park, Conoco's new tower in the Energy Corridor.

and the new Cameron HQ off of the beltway, FMC at Generation Park, Conoco's new tower in the Energy Corridor.

Do you know the number of floors for those buildings? I'll update the list later this week.

I was really hoping that someone would create a list like this - definitely much appreciated.  It is probably asking too much, but a sixth item in an entry could identify location - it would really help those befuddled ones (like me) who can't keep track in their heads.  Something like "Location: Downtown (Main and Rusk) or Uptown/Galleria (1234 Sage). If it is too much work, then disregard this suggestion.

Conoco's towers (2 of them) are already listed as Energy Center 3 and 4

Great list! Someone should also create a list of all the large apartment buildings going up around town, there seems to be dozens of them.

Great list! Someone should also create a list of all the large apartment buildings going up around town, there seems to be dozens of them.

Great idea

I'm gonna be that guy buuuuuut.... it would also be cool if we had the latest renderings for these buildings. It seems to take forever sometimes to find a rendering on a random page among dozens.  ;)

I love all this stuff happening around Downtown. The more parking lots that get erased, the better!

1 person likes this

Pics I found for most of these buildings so you can see them all in one place. They are named #Stories Name of Building. Number of Stories Short to Tall (10-50)

I can no longer edit the project list so next month, I'm going to redo do list. More projects, with renderings and addresses. Pretty much just like the list I made here.

2 people like this

Perfect!  It takes forever to find pictures.

1 person likes this

I was really hoping that someone would create a list like this - definitely much appreciated.  It is probably asking too much, but a sixth item in an entry could identify location - it would really help those befuddled ones (like me) who can't keep track in their heads.  Something like "Location: Downtown (Main and Rusk) or Uptown/Galleria (1234 Sage). If it is too much work, then disregard this suggestion.

I'm gonna be that guy buuuuuut.... it would also be cool if we had the latest renderings for these buildings. It seems to take forever sometimes to find a rendering on a random page among dozens.  ;)

Location and renderings added! A few more projects have been added to the list as well!

You may have just won best post ever status.

2 people like this

Isn't this the point that someone usually whines about how nothing interesting ever gets built in Houston?

3 people like this

Only 1 of the top 6 towers u/c is office.. The rest are residential. Quite an interesting turn of the market in Houston it would seem. Of course many of the taller office towers are not too far off, but then again so are other new tall residentials. Has there ever been a time when Houston has had this much residential high rise activity?

I want to thank Urbanizer for the taking the time for putting this together.

Best HAIF post ever!

:D

2 people like this

I didn't know the federal building renovation included such a nice plaza.   Really improves the area.

No problem you guys! I'd like to create a list for everything less than 10-floors, but it's a lot to cover. Maybe if someone's willing to help me.

Has anyone heard rumors about a residential high-rise planned for the River Oaks area?

Edited by Urbannizer
1 person likes this

This is really good work, thanks for posting.

I think Phase II of Regent Square will be 160 apartments and 15,000 sq ft of retail.