Retrospect Coffee Bar At 3709 La Branch St.

Howard Huge

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is so cool. Love the addition of trees, and they're doing a really great job with the restoration.

I wish I could agree...

Everything sounds great, but here are some things I have noticed. The restoration is 2 years behind. those trees that were planted, are half dead. I drove by a month ago and things looked abandoned. Whatever is happening is going at an unreasonably slow pace, and have many doubts this will ever get finished.

• 1 month later...

If I had put an opening date on my coffee shop, we would have sailed past the deadline by about 2 years.

There are things you can control, there's city permitting, but there's a lot of other things involved outside of just the permitting process that can slow things down (permitting only slowed us by about 3 months out of the 2 years beyond when we thought we'd have been open).

So long as the people working on it keep their feet on the ground, focus on their goals, and keep pushing, it will happen.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This actually has a thread running on this forum somewhere and I know someone knows where it is.

This is part of the master plan for Axelrad's group to create a synergy in this block along with Luigi's, who has to be the luckiest pizza joint owner in Houston, The Station and HCC.

I think that Monty and Jeff are doing some of the best urban projects in the city. Bravo to them and I look forward to their next edition over on the rail line on Harrisburg. If only we had more innovative young talent, willing to take the chance to develop more of this type of people oriented projects  how much positive  vibes could be produced. Keep up the great work and let the party begin

Innovative young talent? The innovative one is not "young" and the "young" one who funds the investments inherited a boat load of cash from his father who was a very successful attorney lol.

In my books 38 is young, and you sound jealous. It takes a lot more than cash to be successful. Sometimes you have to have vision and follow through. I've known trust fund babies who squandered it all, and did nothing of value and are left with nothing to show for all of that inheritance.

On March 20, 2017 at 9:13 AM, iah77 said:

Innovative young talent? The innovative one is not "young" and the "young" one who funds the investments inherited a boat load of cash from his father who was a very successful attorney lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived