Elan Memorial Park & The Westcott Memorial Park On Westcott St.

Urbannizer

Discovered this while looking for more information on another multifamily apartment project by Greystar.

In 2014, Greystar will also begin Elan Memorial Park, which will be located in the Washington corridor submarket of Houston. It will be divided into two phases of 292 and 258 units.

http://apmanagement.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/The-Apartment-Report_APC_7.8.13_PRESS-BREAK.pdf

Edit:

Phase I: Elan Memorial Park at 920 Westcott Street.

Phase II: The Westcott Memorial Park at 929 Westcott Street.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"Charleston, S.C.-based Greystar recently purchased the 1980s-era Memorial Club Apartments at 904 Westcott. The company plans to redevelop the property into an upscale complex that may include a retail component."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/sarnoff/article/Apartment-frenzy-near-Memorial-Park-intensifies-5023325.php?cmpid=btfpm

• 2 months later...

Awesome! Love that they went w a modern/unique design. This will go well with the Morgan groups new ROB apartment a few blocks down on tc jester which also has a very fun design.

I wonder if the trader joes rumor that surrounded this project are accurate. I think the rooftops are there to support it IMO.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did anyone else used to play at the construction sites when the workers were not around on dirt bikes or even walk through partially constructed houses? We did in North Houston when I was a kid.

I used to walk through houses/condos under construction all the time - especially when I am looking to buy -- I love doing that to get ideas.....it's not as easy anymore with all the surveillance cameras and fences they put up now due to the criminals robbing, burning, stealing, etc from building sites...

Edited by HoustonMidtown

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...