Urbannizer

Elan Memorial Park by Greystar

Urbannizer    30821

Discovered this while looking for more information on another project by Greystar.

In 2014, Greystar will also begin Elan Memorial Park, which will be located in the Washington corridor submarket of Houston. It will be divided into two phases of 292 and 258 units.

http://apmanagement.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/The-Apartment-Report_APC_7.8.13_PRESS-BREAK.pdf

• Like 3

Urbannizer    30821

"Charleston, S.C.-based Greystar recently purchased the 1980s-era Memorial Club Apartments at 904 Westcott. The company plans to redevelop the property into an upscale complex that may include a retail component."

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/sarnoff/article/Apartment-frenzy-near-Memorial-Park-intensifies-5023325.php?cmpid=btfpm

swtsig    2145

Awesome! Love that they went w a modern/unique design. This will go well with the Morgan groups new ROB apartment a few blocks down on tc jester which also has a very fun design.

I wonder if the trader joes rumor that surrounded this project are accurate. I think the rooftops are there to support it IMO.

H-Town Man    1965

That girl in the crosswalk's going to be shedding the pounds soon because she's WALKING to where she shops.  And that's exactly what we've been talking about.  Wow! indeed.

• Like 2

fernz    338

Wow! This is really unattractive.

Agree. Different isn't always better. I do like all the retail though.

monarch    2827

WOW!  much better...

Another view of the apartments.

rendering.jpg

Edited by monarch

Texasota    828

You know it will be interesting to see how this translates into into a real building; those rendering show zero texture.

Now, I'm assuming it will end up being mostly EIFS, but one can dream...

Triton    8850

the Memorial Club Apts. on the east side of Westcott are cleared out with fencing around the property.

Demolition will begin soon.

toxtethogrady    691

Swamplot's also saying there's a second phase - 258 units. The latest render appears to show the second building, which is almost as tall as the first.elan-memorial-park-rendering.jpg

• Like 2

Timoric    714

Did anyone else used to play at the construction sites when the workers were not around on dirt bikes or even walk through partially constructed houses? We did in North Houston when I was a kid.

HoustonMidtown    2528

Did anyone else used to play at the construction sites when the workers were not around on dirt bikes or even walk through partially constructed houses? We did in North Houston when I was a kid.

I used to walk through houses/condos under construction all the time - especially when I am looking to buy -- I love doing that to get ideas.....it's not as easy anymore with all the surveillance cameras and fences they put up now due to the criminals robbing, burning, stealing, etc from building sites...

Edited by HoustonMidtown

Triton    8850