Two Hermann Place & Three Herman Place: High-Rises At 1661 Hermann Dr.

ClutchCity

Looks like this tower has been reduced to 22-stories after concerns that the building will dwarf surrounding buildings:

http://www.museumparkna.org/Resources/Documents/MPNA%20Position%20Statement%20-%20July%2025,%202013.pdf

Edit: I inferred the ''reduced'' part based on the article. I have no inside information aside from what you read on the release.

Hines' project will be 22 stories.

• Like 2

That's a beautiful building.

I like how well it compliments The Parklane, including some design similarities.

Also, placing it at the corner of Hermann and Jackon makes it right across from the Centennial Gardens parking lot, preserves most of the TEMA lot for future development including the possibility of a third tower as was originally contemplated, doesn't block any significant views from The Parklane (see attached), and shouldn't arouse any NIMBY protests.

Job well done.

post-1190-0-52334600-1376519181_thumb.jp

Edited by nate
  • Like 5

I have the same question.

from the rendering it appears to match all the descriptions. the setting seems fairly accurate (the plot of land, the corner of Parklane on the right, they said the garage would be 5 stories (one below ground) with an amenity deck on the top, so the 4 levels of garage and palm trees on top of the garage seem to indicate its the design described in the Swamplot article.. and the tower is 42 stories if you count.

i think this is our tower.

Edited by cloud713

It's a very Miami-esque condo tower. I'm sure not as grand as we all had imagined, but a fabulous addition to the skyline, and slowly making my dream of Hermann park completely surrounded by condo towers a reality.

Looks like it might be the tallest in the area!

Edited by Montrose1100
  • Like 5

It's a very Miami-esque condo tower. I'm sure not as grand as we all had imagined, but a fabulous addition to the skyline, and slowly making my dream of Hermann park completely surrounded by condo towers a reality.

Looks like it might be the tallest in the area!

My dream is downtown skyline connected with midtown high rises connected to the museum district towers connected to the med center skyline one day.

ONE HUGE SKYLINE!

• Like 4

My dream is downtown skyline connected with midtown high rises connected to the museum district towers connected to the med center skyline one day.

ONE HUGE SKYLINE!

and then skylines from Uptown to Downtown need to be merged. Greenway is starting to merge with uptown (at least as much as is possible without intruding into that small neighborhood between them), the 4th ward is getting some highrises. that just needs to continue and river oaks get some highrises and then their would be a huge skyline from uptown to the medical center. maybe by 2050.. heh

• Like 1

and then skylines from Uptown to Downtown need to be merged. Greenway is starting to merge with uptown (at least as much as is possible without intruding into that small neighborhood between them), the 4th ward is getting some highrises. that just needs to continue and river oaks get some highrises and then their would be a huge skyline from uptown to the medical center. maybe by 2050.. heh

And then the I-10 corridor leading up to the glob of buildings forming a long highway of never ending skyline.

Edited by TowerSpotter
  • Like 2