Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
trymahjong

Lighting up the Montrose Bridges over I59

100 posts in this topic

Someone said on Swamplot that they like the new lights... are the lights up already? Perhaps they just mean in the renderings.

On 12/20/2016 at 4:25 PM, Triton said:

Someone said on Swamplot that they like the new lights... are the lights up already? Perhaps they just mean in the renderings.

As of a few days ago, I haven't seen any lights on.

1 person likes this

I drove down 59 earlier during lunch and they were testing the lights. They were changing different colors. Can't wait to see them at night.

2 people like this

Yeeeeeeeessssssssss.....

Thats awesome! Finally they got this done!

Magnificent :wub:

Couldnt be more happy and proud to see this in Houston. All these years of waiting look like it might finally be all worth it and more.

Edited by fatesdisastr
1 person likes this

I am just hoping they continue to maintain them... they have exposed wires leading into these lights... and, in all honesty, looks like something I would do if I bought them from Amazon and installed them myself. haha But if one of these lights go out, here's hoping they fix them in a timely manner. Think the biggest thing that will affect them is the added moisture this area brings, which you see on a lot of warning labels about high humidity areas when installing outdoor lighting.

2 people like this

One lane of north bound Montrose bridge closed on Saturday while they worked on the light's wiring.

Just crossed the dunlavy bridge this evening and could see all of the bridges illuminated. They look spectacular.

I'm sure at the amount they paid for this they have some kind of contract for upkeep with the installers. At least I hope they do.

The Montrose bridge wasn't working last night, but the rest of the were lit up. Hopefully they've fixed that one by now.

One of the strips on one of the bridges already is out/not working, believe woodhead but otherwise looks "ok". 

3 hours ago, iah77 said:

One of the strips on one of the bridges already is out/not working, believe woodhead but otherwise looks "ok". 

It's good while it lasted a few hours.

All bridges are working properly. Lighting ceremony Thursday at 8pm at Dunlavy Bridge. 

3 people like this

My neighbor took a bunch of photos to show the color changes the night before last.  I keep telling him to make an account, but until then, here they are!

Oo28HdK.jpg

8SxuTam.jpg

XYLtDZF.jpg

g2jEyVM.jpg

KE7by7G.jpg

yiDXU3K.jpg

l88r2D1.jpg

D7z1Tbn.jpg

Qj8Triz.jpg

2K2NdEt.jpg

5 people like this

Let's all make a vow that if any one of us see's a light go out, we report it asap! I'd hate for these bridges to be neglected again. The lights are so awesome!

2 people like this

Who do you report it to?

Because it looks as if they've already started slacking no more than 1 month into the relighting. I;ve notice that one of the arches (the 1st one you pass under traveling southwest on 59) is completely out, and the 2nd one already has a bulb out.

I thought they were going to do it different this time around. Didn't they spend 4 million on installation of these lights which were supposed to be LED? Would they do all of this if it were just going to go neglected again?  Was this just a temporary effort?

Extremely disappointed.

4 hours ago, scarface said:

Who do you report it to?

Because it looks as if they've already started slacking no more than 1 month into the relighting. I;ve notice that one of the arches (the 1st one you pass under traveling southwest on 59) is completely out, and the 2nd one already has a bulb out.

I thought they were going to do it different this time around. Didn't they spend 4 million on installation of these lights which were supposed to be LED? Would they do all of this if it were just going to go neglected again?  Was this just a temporary effort?

Extremely disappointed.

They are still working on them....

http://swamplot.com/piecemeal-59-bridge-blackouts-just-part-of-the-post-super-bowl-plan/2017-03-17/

1 person likes this