Fortune

• 3 weeks later...

We are not talking about the rest of the city, we are talking about downtown.

I can't see these low rise residentials surviving long if land prices increase awhile availability shrinks.

If availability of land doesn't shrink, well then thank God we got something over that darn parking lot.

Lot of land undeveloped/underutilized in downtown and surrounding areas (east and north especially)......

Lot of land undeveloped/underutilized in downtown and surrounding areas (east and north especially)......

Exactly my point.

A new residential boosting the downtown population , and knocking off an empty lot is +++ in my book.

A supertall on each lot would be nice, but since that isn't happening I will take an alternative

• 2 weeks later...

Exactly my point.

A new residential boosting the downtown population , and knocking off an empty lot is +++ in my book.

A supertall on each lot would be nice, but since that isn't happening I will take an alternative

I agree, theres hundreds of 2-5 story buildings in Manhattan, its the density, not the height that counts.

Look at San Francisco, we have way more tall buildings than them yet their skyline is widely considered the "larger" and more beautiful one because of all the low rise density and no oceans of parking lots.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Word is that Alliance will build another residential project on the lot south of SkyHouse

Hopefully bigger than this one. I like that it's happening but kinda puny for downtown.

Yeah if it it's the same as the one north of skyhouse it will look kinda odd being surrounded by skyhouse, Houston House, Arch Diocese buildings, Amergy Bank Tower, Savoy, and Exxon two blocks away.

Come-on Alliance, at least 8 floors this time. 12 floors will have me dancing on the ceiling.

• Like 1

From what I understand, it will be taller, but not by a lot.  This development is not confirmed but I know it is on the drawing board.  Fits with their portfolio too.  

They already have 3800 Main under construction in Midtown, with plans for another on the lot of the former Fire Museum site.

• Like 1

From what I understand, it will be taller, but not by a lot. This development is not confirmed but I know it is on the drawing board. Fits with their portfolio too.

They already have 3800 Main under construction in Midtown, with plans for another on the lot of the former Fire Museum site.

So they are creating 4 residential complexes on the Red Line? NICE!!!

TOD is really taking off

• Like 1

Nonsense, according to some posters here there has not been a single development built on the metro light rail line.

Ah, I must be deluded by the Calais, Pearl Midtown, Camden Midtown, That apartment on Main and Alabama, Post Midtown, Fingers, the zillions of units that went up on Bagby, The Mosaic and it s twin, all the new restaurants, bars in midtown.... I need a doctor I Am seing so many things that are not there.

Don't get me started on Reliant Station and Smith lands area. So many things went up in that area that area that may not actually be there.

Comeon. The few blocks along the rail did not become dense urban blocks overnight like some expected, but quite a few developments occured. The medical center has been revolutionized. It went from a near universally car dependent employment center into an area where Transportation is overflowing with patrons. This model needs to be copied in other areas

south of the med center went from a no mans land to a huge TOD where many people live and hop on the train to TMC. Lots of new residential there and many new restaurants. A new target opened on main.

Just because lots remain vacant along main, but that doesn't mean nothing has gone on.

• Like 2

Ah, I must be deluded by the Calais, Pearl Midtown, Camden Midtown, That apartment on Main and Alabama, Post Midtown, Fingers, the zillions of units that went up on Bagby, The Mosaic and it s twin, all the new restaurants, bars in midtown.... I need a doctor I Am seing so many things that are not there.

Don't get me started on Reliant Station and Smith lands area. So many things went up in that area that area that may not actually be there.

Comeon. The few blocks along the rail did not become dense urban blocks overnight like some expected, but quite a few developments occured. The medical center has been revolutionized. It went from a near universally car dependent employment center into an area where Transportation is overflowing with patrons. This model needs to be copied in other areas

south of the med center went from a no mans land to a huge TOD where many people live and hop on the train to TMC. Lots of new residential there and many new restaurants. A new target opened on main.

Just because lots remain vacant along main, but that doesn't mean nothing has gone on.

Nope, never happened, none of it. LA LA LA LA, I CANT HEAR YOU, LA LA LA LA I CANT HEAR YOU!

noise-fingers-in-ears-001.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Did the name change for this? I thought this was the Allied (or Alliance?) site and don't see that mentioned in the title anymore..

Now that we know what is happening with the 3 empty blocks on the east side of Main (from Jefferson to Bell), I wonder what's going to happen on the empty block north of Bell, or the empty blocks on the west side of Main..

Ah, I knew it looked different. Confused me for a minute.. So any rumors for what's to come to the blocks north or west of this site? I was thinking a residential tower would be nice on one of the two Main st lots on the west side, next to ExxonMobile.. Especially if they build that submerged underground plaza (hopefully with retail) connecting into the tunnel system. It would be a very convenient location for people to live and work.

Edited by cloud713