Fortune

1711 and 1825have both broken ground and are under way

1825 San Jacinto working on the 6th floor: 

1711 Caroline has two wood stories on the concrete first story up on the north side, but only the concrete on the southside

Last I saw at 1810 Main, nothing much was going on.  Maybe the new night club will get them to break ground <_<

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went in today and inquired about their "history."  Apparently there used to be a church on the block, and they dug up an intact piece of it when they were excavating the foundation and parking garage.  Any idea what church that would have been? 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

They have definitely put a lot of time and effort into improving their street presence past what's typical of the average apartment donut. Both Leeland and bell are lined with vegetation beyond the street trees, they have planters around the water meter, and it's very pleasant to walk by each day

• Like 5

• 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Fairfield Block 334: Multifamily At 1515 Main St.
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone have an opinion about what this place is like to live in?

A friend of mine took a tour very recently, and noticed that one of the doors was broken in, and hadn't been fixed.  When he asked about it, the leasing agent responded with, "We're downtown."

Regardless of the neighborhood (I've lived in way scarier locations), that does not inspire confidence in how the building is run or maintained.

22 hours ago, editor said:

Does anyone have an opinion about what this place is like to live in?

A friend of mine took a tour very recently, and noticed that one of the doors was broken in, and hadn't been fixed.  When he asked about it, the leasing agent responded with, "We're downtown."

Regardless of the neighborhood (I've lived in way scarier locations), that does not inspire confidence in how the building is run or maintained.

Many developers do not understand that buildings in busy areas need to have doors, gates, and lower level windows constructed of a higher level of security. I wish I could fly them out to more urban cities for a tour. Instead of just putting in a better door they will just let it get broken every 6 months and fix it 2 months later every time.

• The title was changed to Block 334: Multifamily At 1515 Main St.