Aris At Market Square: 32-Story High-Rise At 409 Travis St.

Mab

This will not get shelved. Hines finished out BG Group place during the recession - they'll finish this out. 

This is my favorite project right now (until the MFAH expansion starts going up). I haven't had one since the JW Marriott was completed. 

• Like 2

Even the Alliance complex had workers? I didn't notice any last time I drove by on a Saturday..

I actually didn't get that far onto that side of town.  I had to run back to my life in the burbs and didn't have the time to fully chronicle all of the construction downtown.  *To clarify, that was the only construction site that I passed where workers weren't present*

• Like 1

I actually didn't get that far onto that side of town.  I had to run back to my life in the burbs and didn't have the time to fully chronicle all of the construction downtown.  *To clarify, that was the only construction site that I passed where workers weren't present*

HAIF translation: Project cancelled :P

• Like 1

Main Street at Preston walking south on the west side of the street.  Sidewalk is now totally blocked off just as is the case on the east side of Travis street on the other side of the block.

16488271982_922e7deb06_z.jpg

Clutch City Squire had their last night on Saturday, and now the bar and every other street level entrance, including Fretz's construction office for the State National Building renovation, is completely blocked off from pedestrian or any other access.

16302986219_89fdf462dc_z.jpg

The WHOLE BLOCK

16463260846_c2ac091c7a_z.jpg

looks like the former Georgie's Market space can still be accessed, though.

16488272072_cb498dd07c_z.jpg

Edited by adr
  • Like 6

Kind of sad that there was only one open business on that block at all. Maybe the residents will give someone a reason to reopen in the area, but during construction I can't see anything new opening up even with a wide open sidewalk.

With the skinny bit that extends over to Main in the hole between buildings, I can see things getting pretty complicated in the foundation cutting/digging phase on this one. They have some massive yellow steel wall/trench shoring things on-site now that have something like "Applied Foundation Solutions" on them. They are going to have to get real cozy with some old foundations for some relatively tall buidings on this build.

Should be interesting to watch.

Edited by Nate99

At this rate, you will not be able to smell urine as you pass buildings in downtown in 10 years.

How many people on this forum complain about how sterile things are in this or that master planned development?

SAVE THE PEE!!!!!!!!  :ph34r:

With the skinny bit that extends over to Main in the hole between buildings, I can see things getting pretty complicated in the foundation cutting/digging phase on this one. They have some massive yellow steel wall/trench shoring things on-site now that have something like "Applied Foundation Solutions" on them. They are going to have to get real cozy with some old foundations for some relatively tall buidings on this build.

Should be interesting to watch.

I didn't think the Hines Building was planned to extend into that skinny bit that extends over to Main.  I thought that was going to be a small park space.

I'm with Utterly Urban. I don't understand why they are blocking off this whole block?  Is something else afoot that we don't know about? 

Edited by Houston19514

I didn't think the Hines Building was planned to extend into that skinny bit that extends over to Main.  I thought that was going to be a small park space.

I'm with Utterly Urban. I don't understand why they are blocking off this whole block?  Is something else afoot that we don't know about? 

Looks to me like lobby space.  I think the parklet may be at the roof level.

13958521832_f376be01df_b.jpg

• Like 1

Main Street at Preston walking south on the west side of the street.  Sidewalk is now totally blocked off just as is the case on the east side of Travis street on the other side of the block.

16488271982_922e7deb06_z.jpg

Clutch City Squire had their last night on Saturday, and now the bar and every other street level entrance, including Fretz's construction office for the State National Building renovation, is completely blocked off from pedestrian or any other access.

16302986219_89fdf462dc_z.jpg

The WHOLE BLOCK

16463260846_c2ac091c7a_z.jpg

looks like the former Georgie's Market space can still be accessed, though.

16488272072_cb498dd07c_z.jpg

Frank must be trying to set some kind of record for patios. This is getting ridiculous.

• Like 7