Aris At Market Square: 32-Story High-Rise At 409 Travis St.

Mab

They had notices on the door stating that filming was in progress when I walked by at lunch today. I'd bet there will be video or tv spot popping up before they open. The place looked close to complete when I peaked through the glass.

Edited by jermh
  • Like 5

They are currently having their soft opening and I walked in here tonight to take a look at the menus and interior - did not eat.  This place looks awesome and should have a really great atmosphere.  Very excited to eat here for dinner and grab drinks at the bar - huge addition to the neighborhood.

• Like 5

This looks amazing. Love what they did with the old greenhouse, and how they made the mini park; a part of the project. Gives it a whole different vibe when you go outside. Also looks like it's doing pretty good in terms of business. 

Loving all the extra dining options that are in downtown now. I wonder how this is going to pan out in the long term?

• Like 2

On 7/26/2019 at 10:19 PM, TheSirDingle said:

This looks amazing. Love what they did with the old greenhouse, and how they made the mini park; a part of the project. Gives it a whole different vibe when you go outside. Also looks like it's doing pretty good in terms of business. 

Loving all the extra dining options that are in downtown now. I wonder how this is going to pan out in the long term?

Its a nice twist on a growing format here. The food hall scene has really exploded of late, but this definitely will stand out with it being focused not on particular offerings, but specifically on chefs.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Bravery Chef Hall with friends on Saturday night and it stayed busy the whole time we were there.  They still have some things to button up including the temporary A/C they have piped into the side of the building but overall I really enjoyed it.  They could use a few more tables in my opinion but maybe having that endless musical chairs type of demand is a marketing strategy.  Keeps you looking like the place to be.  

We all had food from different vendors and everyone really enjoyed their meal...I think this place is a winner.

• Like 5

Also went Saturday, and again Monday. Good vibe. Nice wine and beer selection at the central bar. Seems to be working on ventilation issues, but overall great addition to downtown.  Not to mention that Saturday, downtown, around Main St./Market Square was absolutely buzzing.

The outdoor bar/"secret garden" patio area facing main is gorgeous.

Edited by quietstorm
  • Like 5

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • The title was changed to Aris At Market Square: 32-Story High-Rise By Hines
  • 1 year later...

Perhaps this is how we find out how many food courts downtown can support. 

Considering the foot traffic these days, two seems like the maximum to me.  Unless you're connected to the tunnels, like Understory is.  That place seems to be doing well.

• 6 months later...

Vietnamese eatery Drunken Pho is temporarily relocating to Bravery Chef Hall in Aris Market Square. Bravery is the Company of Nomads' food hall concept at 409 Travis St.

The food stall recently closed its location at Railway Heights Market. I think this is replacing Christine Ha's the Blind Goat. An announcement for the new location was shared a few days ago:

"We are excited to announce our pop up at Bravery Chef Hall this month! Our opening date will be announced very soon." 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CkyvI8-JP4A/

The Blind Goat's downtown location closed over the weekend. Last month, CultureMap reported Ha plans to close the Blind Goat at Bravery in preparation for the restaurant's full-fledge restaurant the Spring Branch Village development :

"...they’ll move The Blind Goat from its original home in downtown’s Bravery Chef Hall to its new Spring Branch location. Expect the current location to close in November to facilitate moving equipment and staff training at the new location."

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/houstons-masterchef-champion-and-husband-plan-new-spring-branch-gourmet-sandwich-restaurant/

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Vietnamese eatery Drunken Pho is relocating to Bravery Chef Hall in Aris Market Square. Bravery is the Company of Nomads food hall concept at 409 Travis St.

The food stall recently closed its location at Railway Heights Market. I this is replacing Christine Ha's the Blind Goat.

The Blind Goat's downtown location closed over the weekend. Last month, CultureMap reported Ha plans to close the Blind Goat at Bravery in preparation for the restaurant's full-fledge restaurant the Spring Branch Village development :

"...they’ll move The Blind Goat from its original home in downtown’s Bravery Chef Hall to its new Spring Branch location. Expect the current location to close in November to facilitate moving equipment and staff training at the new location."

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/houstons-masterchef-champion-and-husband-plan-new-spring-branch-gourmet-sandwich-restaurant/

Bummer they're leaving downtown, that was the one spot I'd go out of the way to get lunch at Bravery for. Hopefully the new spot is good, would be good to have a Banh Mi place downtown now the S&T closed

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jhjones74 said:

Bummer they're leaving downtown, that was the one spot I'd go out of the way to get lunch at Bravery for. Hopefully the new spot is good, would be good to have a Banh Mi place downtown now the S&T closed

I will miss the Blind Goat's downtown location too. It's much closer to me than Spring Branch. 

Never had the opportunity to try Drunken Pho. Hopefully, it will fill your banh mi cravings.

• The title was changed to Aris At Market Square: 32-Story High-Rise At 409 Travis St.
  • 1 month later...
On 11/15/2022 at 2:19 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I will miss the Blind Goat's downtown location too. It's much closer to me than Spring Branch. 

Never had the opportunity to try Drunken Pho. Hopefully, it will fill your banh mi cravings.

Drunken Pho is excellent. Serious competition with S&T on Main.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jermh said:

S&T was replaced by a Cajun place awhile back. 

Yet despite me repeatedly trying to mark its Google Maps listing as "Permanently Closed" for the last 6 months and even trying to add the Cajun place (with photos), Google still shows only S&T and not the Cajun place.  Sometimes makes me wonder if there's even anyone at Google looking at these requests...

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Coming soon to Bravery Chef Hall: C3.

C3 will serve coffee and cocktails. According to a banner outside Bravery, C3 will also have cannabis (or maybe THC items). Maybe this will be similar to Wild? 

BuiltNearby shared a photo of the coming soon banner. The photo was in an Instagram story last week.

Bravery is located at 409 Travis St in Aris at Market Street.

QmFHVzr.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

C3 will serve coffee and cocktails. According to a banner outside Bravery, C3 will also have cannabis (or maybe THC items). Maybe this will be similar to Wild? 

BuiltNearby shared a photo of the coming soon banner. The photo was in an Instagram story last week.

QmFHVzr.jpg

Maybe they’ll utilize that outdoor patio again. 

• Like 2

On 3/29/2023 at 7:27 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

QmFHVzr.jpg

There is a website and social media for C3, the latest concept at Bravery Chef Hall. According to C3's bio on Instagram, it's a "lounge for coffee, cocktails, and cannabis."

No word on an opening date, though I assume it will debut this spring.

Bravery food hall is located at 409 Travis St in Aris at Market Street.

https://www.c3-htx.com

https://www.instagram.com/c3.htx

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

New food stall additions at Bravery Chef Hall were reported in July. Bravery is located at 409 Travis in Aris at Market Square.

Below is a list of the food hall restaurants as reported by CultureMap:

• C3 Cafe

Located in the former Italian Job space near the Travis Street entrance, the lounge will serve coffee, cocktails, and edible cannabis projects 

• Bahn Bahn Thai Food

...will open in August. Located in the former Calavera/Cherry Block space, Bahn — the Thai word for “home” — will serve shareable dishes such as coconut shrimp salad, pad thai, and drunken noodles.

• Florence and a Machine

...will also open in August. Located in the former Gaganeau space next to the wine bar, Florence will serve sandwiches on freshly-baked focaccia bread and charcuterie boards. 

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/post-market-houston-robertas-finn-hall/

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Bahn Bahn Thai Food

...will open in August. Located in the former Calavera/Cherry Block space, Bahn — the Thai word for “home” — will serve shareable dishes such as coconut shrimp salad, pad thai, and drunken noodles.

A plan review fee permit was filed yesterday for Bahn Bahn / Bahnn Bahnn. The Thai dining concept is located in Bravery Chef Hall at 409 Travis St, Suite A.

3pluqnR.png

• Like 2