Aris At Market Square: 32-Story High-Rise At 409 Travis St.

Mab

Yeah I finally realized that after I went to street view and saw where the old cabos was. I knew the 10ish story towers on the east side of the block were staying, I was just under the impression from reading the new article that El Big Bad was going on the same site as Hines tower. The article just said the same block.

I think that if the project gets built it will be the game changer this part of town needs. The market square area is poised to develop into an upscale residential enclave where the performing art district rubs shoulders with the historic district. The diversity in restaurants is finally starting to attract more interests and now that Market Square park has finally found its heart it will be a magnet for growth.

Just like what Discovery Green has done for the east side with continuos programming of activities and dining, market square will

Attract more and more development.

• Like 2

Honestly, I could care less what the top part looks like. The more important factor is Hines is being respectful to Market Square and the street scape. That's the most important thing in the historic district. 

My only dislike is the parking podium but it is a necessary part of any development in Houston. It would have been nice to have had the first 10 floors or so of the building have patios/porches overlooking the square to add to the vitality of the area, but I ain't complaining. 

A solid A from me.

• Like 2