Hilton Hampton Inn/Homewood Suites Hotels At 710 Crawford St.

Houston19514

I'm sorry, I just noticed that the color rendering is one hotel. I thought originally that was both hotels wrapped around a central lobby.

I now see that there is the massing for the other hotel behind it. Now I understand why the rendering didn't change.

I'm sorry, I just noticed that the color rendering is one hotel. I thought originally that was both hotels wrapped around a central lobby.

I now see that there is the massing for the other hotel behind it. Now I understand why the rendering didn't change.

No.  The color rendering is two hotels.  Hampton Inn on the right.  Homewood Suites on the left.  At the time these were announced, a different developer announced a Hyatt Place on the other (western) half of the block.   We have been told by trusted forum members that the Hyatt Place has been canceled and it has been removed from the Downtown Houston Development Map.

Edited by Houston19514

I drove by the Fingers ballpark apartments today and it appears that the side of the building going up closest to Minute Maid is going to be retail, which I'm sure had been reported earlier. This will be prime space for all kinds of food and beverage places. Maybe another sports bar.

• Like 1

With all the hotel and residential going up near MMP, I hope there might finally be other dining options other than Vic and Anthony's and the Home Plate Grill. It would be nice to be able to grab an ice cream or light snack outside of the ballpark after a game.

On this note, with the ban on propane lifted in the downtown area, the influx of food truck potential will have a nice effect on these areas during events and game days :)

Edited by fatesdisastr
  • Like 1

A few? If the majority of the development map happens well have like 25 cranes downtown..

I would love to see 25 tower cranes downtown but as some go up, some will come down. The mid rise north of SkyHouse and the Alley Theatre cranes won't be there very long. What is in the works in the near future that would require more cranes? High Rise at Market Square and the building north of GRB are the only one in the works and they have a small enough footprint to only require 1 crane at each site.

I would love to see 25 tower cranes downtown but as some go up, some will come down. The mid rise north of SkyHouse and the Alley Theatre cranes won't be there very long. What is in the works in the near future that would require more cranes? High Rise at Market Square and the building north of GRB are the only one in the works and they have a small enough footprint to only require 1 crane at each site.

HSPVA

2nd high rise at Market Square

Nau Center

Hotel Allesandra

Hilton Garden Inn

800 Bell redevelopment?

several additional residential developments

Edited by Houston19514

HSPVA

2nd high rise at Market Square

Nau Center

Hotel Allesandra

Hilton Garden Inn

800 Bell redevelopment?

several additional residential developments

These are all in development, none have broken ground yet. The only one that may happen in the near future is the Hines Market Square. I would love to see all these created, it would change the profile of downtown. I just wish someone would come along with a super tall downtown.

• Like 1

These are all in development, none have broken ground yet. The only one that may happen in the near future is the Hines Market Square. I would love to see all these created, it would change the profile of downtown. I just wish someone would come along with a super tall downtown.

Most of the projects in development are planned to break ground before the end of the year.

• Like 1

ALL of those previously listed are happening ...no doubt about it. The bigger question marks are with Chevron, Stream/Essex, 5 Allen Center with the latter 2 in the most doubt.

• Like 2