GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I wonder if they'll put in some pavement with words etched into it, like they did in the plaza at City Centre.  There, it says something like "For the greater glory of God".  It's their project, they own it, so they certainly can do that.  However, it does have the potential to make some of their customers feel less welcome.  Some business owners are OK with doing that, some others are more into keeping their personal opinions to themselves.  I only mention it because I found it out-of-the-ordinary compared to other major developments, both here and in other US cities.

This image is from the twitter link (dated 12:37 PM - 20 Jan 2015) posted by tigereye at the top of this page. it's the first rendering we saw of Alessandra..

proxy.jpg?t=HBhZaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJpemou

but does it looks different than the one from the chron article (dated January 16, 2015 ) linked by Luminare?

ALESSANDRA-479x600.jpg

Edit: after reviewing the thread it looks like the same renderings from March.

Edited by LarryDierker
  • Like 1

This image is from the twitter link (dated 12:37 PM - 20 Jan 2015) posted by tigereye at the top of this page. it's the first rendering we saw of Alessandra..

proxy.jpg?t=HBhZaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJpemou

but does it looks different than the one from the chron article (dated January 16, 2015 ) linked by Luminare?

ALESSANDRA-479x600.jpg

Edit: after reviewing the thread it looks like the same renderings from March.

The building in both renderings is one in the same. To be perfectly honest I was curious that we hadn't gotten some sort of update on the design since well.....almost one year since we got the first images. it's normal for any building to go through redesigns, but I don't know it just seems really late that they would be on the eve of ground breaking for such a high profile project and not release updated renderings. The fact that almost every news outlet online that deals with Houston real estate posted stories about this one getting started and using the same renderings means that Midway had plenty of time to update or give out material to the press. It also doesn't make any sense when their own website is still showing the exact same renderings.

Just got this message from GreenStreet.. Pretty much all but confirms a redesign.

Hi Justin, the property is planning to release renderings as well as details of the interior and other features in early spring. We'd love to include you on our distribution list once the details are confirmed. Is there an email address we can reach you at?

• Like 1

Sorry for the wait (and the bad news)! Had a hard time grabbing the image, but yeah....here you go guys. 

When I first saw this new rendering, I thought it was a finalized one of Marlowe. The original had a more, classy and modern look to it. This design looks like a slimmer; fancier version of Millennium Tower II.

16335152901_b035d4e9d5_b.jpg

• Like 7

Looks like it's 22 or 23 floors. That's about what it was before. But once again, presto change-o... <_<

oh. the old renderings showed more like 27 stories, and it was listed at 25. but yeah i remember swstig saying a while back that it was down to 23 or something?

dammit though, why Midway, why?!?

• Like 1

theres not even a 2nd floor balcony overlooking Dallas Ave anymore. the LEDs only appear to wrap around the flat roof line. and instead of 3 or so floors with higher ceilings up top, theres only a raised ceiling on the top floor, making me think most of those fancy amenities are gone/moved to the bottom. i hope im wrong.

• Like 2

Sorry for the wait (and the bad news)! Had a hard time grabbing the image, but yeah....here you go guys. 

When I first saw this new rendering, I thought it was a finalized one of Marlowe. The original had a more, classy and modern look to it. This design looks like a slimmer; fancier version of Millennium Tower II.

Thanks for the info Urbannizer. A big disappointment but I liked the post because I'm always impressed at your ability to get renderings before anyone else.

• Like 3

I'm just as let down as anyone else but look on the positive side this will still be a nice addition to that side of town. It's nothing spectacular like the original but if we did not have that reference already in our minds then we would not be as disappointed with the design. 

• Like 4

My goodness. Such a huge letdown, I don't even wanna visit the site anymore... GreenStreet Skybridge depicted on lower left confirms its legitimacy (as if there was any question). Also you can see Forever 21 and the Spring Hill Inn & Suites on the lower right.

On the brightside, at least a hotel component is still being added to GreenStreet/Dallas St Shopping corridor. Despite redesign, if it performs well, it will be a welcome addition to the area.

Edited by tigereye