Bob Plumb

GreenStreet Redevelopment + 21-Story Hotel Alessandra

1423 posts in this topic

I don't think we knew it would be 25 stories though. That's cool

Cool.  I had not noticed that little nugget of information.

1 person likes this

Glad that improvements are being made.  I figured they would add a hotel.

And I kept reading this as "GreenSHEET" and wondered what the heck you guys were so excited about that for?!  I mean newspaper coupons are about as boring as things can go.

I like this project. Reminds me of my home country. Shopping at the bottom; restaurants, hair salons, local news paper on 2nd level, businesses and offices on 3rd levels; and condos, hotels, apartments on higher levels.

Your home country... Would that be the Roman Empire?

1 person likes this

I like this project. Reminds me of my home country. Shopping at the bottom; restaurants, hair salons, local news paper on 2nd level, businesses and offices on 3rd levels; and condos, hotels, apartments on higher levels.

Are you from Venezuela? I spend every summer there and it is the exact same way.

Having never been in HoB, I did not realize that it did not somehow occupy the second floor.

A 250 unit hotel on that kind of footprint would have to be atleast 8-10 stories, right?

EDIT - Just saw the 25 story note. That would be an interesting addition to watch come together.

Edited by Nate99

Sounds like a name the Valencia group would choose (who have the Hotel Valencia in SA and Hotel Sorella in City Centre).  Hope so, that would be very auspicious for Greenstreet and downtown in general.

^ Agreed.  And it would make some sense, with Midway being the developer of both City Centre (the location of Hotel Sorella) and Green Street.

GreenStreet expansion TBA soon:

That's good news for Brinsden, whose company is redeveloping GreenStreet, the former Houston Pavilions downtown.

"We're trying to evolve that into a true mixed-use destination," he said.

In about 60 days, the company is expected to announce an expansion at the complex, which now houses retail and office space.

"We think this project needed that third activity generator," Brinsden said.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Builders-reshape-how-the-area-will-grow-5043295.php

1 person likes this

Good news. Also, it looks like the Chronicle has found a way to eliminate the loop hole of finding and reading it via google.

1 person likes this

Your home country... Would that be the Roman Empire?

Eastern empire, to be exact.

Is this expansion the hotel only?

I think there are about 6 restaurants and maybe a fitness center plus the hotel.

oK!  I guess the word expansion had me hoping that it would expand across the street by tearing down that garage and making it a larger destination.  Thanks for the clarification LTAWACS. :)

lockmat.... shhh... that still works   :)

I think I tried it too soon after the article was published.

I think I tried it too soon after the article was published.

FYI,  It's not a secret loophole that you are slipping by the Chronicle.   It is an arrangement they have with Google.

FYI,  It's not a secret loophole that you are slipping by the Chronicle.   It is an arrangement they have with Google.

Really? How does it benefit the Chron?

It also works with Bing & Yahoo, so I guess they have arrangement with all search engines.

It also works with Bing & Yahoo, so I guess they have arrangement with all search engines.

One would imagine that competitive search engine companies would come up with similar offerings.

Edited by Houston19514

Really? How does it benefit the Chron?

Not really sure.  I imagine it gets more page views, kind of a teaser, I guess.  Also maybe gets their articles to come up more often/higher in Google searches.

The service exists and the Chron, along with Dallas Morning News and many other publications have signed up for it.  It's called First Click Free.

2/7, GreenStreet FB page:

1601152_634495699919300_759738930_n.jpg

Looks like Extreme Makeover hit University of St. Thomas.

1 person likes this