Bob Plumb

GreenStreet Redevelopment + 21-Story Hotel Alessandra

1423 posts in this topic

What is the target audience for this project anyway? Daytime office workers or evening / weekend dt visitors?

Like I stated before I am hoping for the best but I STILL think If they don't turn the place INSIDE OUT on the street level and have street facing attractions this redo is going to be more of the same. I realize you probably can't line the exterior along the sidewalks with cafes and bars but if there's not enough to make it interesting it's gonna be boring. 

They need a tunnel connection as well if possible.

What is the target audience for this project anyway? Daytime office workers or evening / weekend dt visitors?

Like I stated before I am hoping for the best but I STILL think If they don't turn the place INSIDE OUT on the street level and have street facing attractions this redo is going to be more of the same. I realize you probably can't line the exterior along the sidewalks with cafes and bars but if there's not enough to make it interesting it's gonna be boring. 

More tunnel connection, IMO no, I want to see life on the surface. 

Most women office workers prefer to take the tunnels. I hear that all the time. Especially in areas where there are lots of street bums. Which is the Greenstreet area. 

Please, please, PLEASE read the descriptions of the plans for the redo.

Once all renovation is complete, storefronts along Dallas will be lined with outdoor patios...

I just cleaned out more than a dozen off-topic messages in this thread.

If you want to talk about something other than the Greenstreet project, then start a new thread.

If you can't participate in a civil conversation and stay on topic, you are welcome to surf elsewhere.

1 person likes this

rumor has it that they are (or at least were) looking at adding a hotel-component. no idea where it would go.

On one side of the street, outdoor cafes are shown lining the three-block GreenStreet development and a new high-rise has been added to the property that task force members said is a proposed hotel. Across the street, a major retailer occupies the ground floor of the Sakowitz Building, currently used for parking."

9736737274_e2c2814019_o.png

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Plan-calls-for-tax-dollars-to-help-create-4810595.php?cmpid=atfpm

3 people like this

Not as sexy as a rendering, but they are getting after the re-do presently...

Houston-20130913-00289_zps42bfb087.jpg

Houston-20130913-00290_zpsbc5d9ef0.jpg

Houston-20130913-00291_zpsffb15f56.jpg

IMG-20130913-00292_zpsa8de5da2.jpg

5 people like this

Not as sexy as a rendering, but they are getting after the re-do presently...

On the contrary, sexier.

Bump

Someone needs to get an updated picture of the progress. Any takers? I might be able to get out there this weekend so I will try.

there hasn't been much progress due to the rain... they put some pipes in under the old courtyard, that's about it

UQkXEcG.jpg?1

oRwX6Qa.jpg?1

vMgTh6X.jpg?1

ZEWV5Qd.jpg?1

jSDTpH2.jpg?1

Blurry:

vBqMgRk.jpg?1

ykb0Bpu.jpg?1

4 people like this

What's been going on with this lately? Has anything progressed?

it doesn't really look like much has happened, but the interior sidewalks are semi- open, and there's lots of plumbing for fountains and stuff.

it has been really wet this year, and lost of the areas they dug up turned into mud pits

http://midwaycompanies.com/img/leasing/site-plans/GS-131031-Merchandising_Plan.pdf

This site plan by midway confirms that:

-they are building a 250 room hotel on Fannin/ Dallas

-Six new restaurants coming to Greenstreet on the first floor

-on second level  there will be a 30,000 Square Feet Fitness center

Edited by Mab
6 people like this

^  Cool.  Note that the site plans states that the Fitness Center, the hotel and the six restaurants (plus an "office" space on the second level) are all "under negotiation".

The site plan also indicates two additional spaces designated as "office", another as "office/restaurant" (all on level 2), a "restaurant/bar" space on level 3 and a couple of undesignated spaces on level 1.

...perfect planning thus far. but what about retail? downtown desperately needs stores for patrons to shop, isn't this the primary purpose for building this mall in the first place?

also, the "hotel" aspect is fabulous. with this addition, the center can not help but become successful.

...perfect planning thus far. but what about retail? downtown desperately needs stores for patrons to shop, isn't this the primary purpose for building this mall in the first place?

also, the "hotel" aspect is fabulous. with this addition, the center can not help but become successful.

I like this project. Reminds me of my home country. Shopping at the bottom; restaurants, hair salons, local news paper on 2nd level, businesses and offices on 3rd levels; and condos, hotels, apartments on higher levels.

Well i am happy to see it grow...6 more restraunts ? Do we really need that many downtown is not lacking in those..retail is were it hurts the most..still according to the map they still have plenty of space left so we stilk can hope

a fitness center is about the only thing you could ever put under the HoB