GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

On 4/25/2016 at 4:09 PM, astros148 said:

I didnt realize but NRG does take up the first floor as well. It takes up way to much space in Greenstreet for it to ever be a retail hub, It has to be leasing out atleast a third of available space. Also for gods akes I hope they put some sort of advertisement or billboard next to the hotel in that ugly empty wall

On 4/25/2016 at 4:17 PM, cspwal said:

It's so strange to have NRG occupy prime retail space - I would guess that it doesn't match their needs very well, and they only got it because Houston Pavilions was desperate at the time.  They need to figure out a way to attract a few big anchors; bring the big guys in and little stores will pop up too to take advantage of the traffic.

On 4/25/2016 at 4:28 PM, astros148 said:

it looks like the hotel wont even come off as nice as the renderings. I wonder how long that NRG lease is for? As long as NRG is there, its not going to be a retail hub. It takes up way to much prime space

This will change next year. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

http://realtynewsreport.com/2017/08/23/major-lease-at-one-shell-plaza-opens-the-door-for-upgrade-at-greenstreet/

T

he departure of NRG from GreenStreet, 1201 Fannin, opens the door for a redevelopment of the mixed-use project, which was originally developed as Houston Pavilions.

The Houston-based firms, Midway and Lionstone Investments, own GreenStreet, a 570,000-SF mixed-use project that is being evaluated by architects for significant improvement.

“Lionstone and Midway engaged a team including Gensler and Streetsense to design the four-city-block urban campus with dramatically redefined interior and exterior spaces from the ground floor to the office tower and attached parking garage,” the GreenStreet owners said in a statement. “The next phase of GreenStreet’s re-envisioning, which started under its new ownership in 2015, will maximize the experience of GreenStreet as the most attractive alternative to traditional office environments in downtown.”

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2017 at 9:11 PM, hindesky said:

Is this painted plywood going to stay? It looks cheap.

Not sure why I can't post pics anymore? It's kind of frustrating trying to deal with this problem.

Not only is it staying, they were painting a pastel rainbow pattern on it this afternoon. Matches the steps on a nearby staircase.