Bob Plumb

GreenStreet Redevelopment + 21-Story Hotel Alessandra

1423 posts in this topic

I thought construction wasn't supposed to start until next year?  Or am I mistaken. 

Strolled through there today and there is absolutely zero signs of any work,.

Work requires permits. The permit process is slow.

Well I would think they would paint or redecorate or something in the interim to show that there's movement on the project. 

I am following this project closer because I think it could really have a huge impact on DT.

But if they don't turn it inside out and put everything facing out to the streets on the street level I don't think it will work. It's my observation that women do not like to walk through the Pavillions because it is very enclosed. Which is understandable.

Acc to the HBJ article:

"Construction will begin this month and is scheduled to take about six to nine months to complete. The project will remain open during construction."

That was April 4th. So just looking at it from the street it appears the schedule has been pushed back. Already discouraging (to me.)

rumor has it that they are (or at least were) looking at adding a hotel-component. no idea where it would go.

1 person likes this

Another month, still ZERO activity.

I predict they are just going to build out for office space in the empty areas. There won't be any new retail or redevelopment. They know there isn't enough support for it. 

I believe they stated last week that part of the reason they were doing away with the food trucks was because the redevelopment was starting up full swing.

I think we should begin to see work being done relatively soon.

1 person likes this

We'll see.

Don't get me wrong I would LOVE for them to come out with a new and improved dt destination. I'm all for it. I would be there a lot. 

paste the link into a google search box.  Then click on the first search result.

i just tried that already. didn't wwork

paste the link into a google search box.  Then click on the first search result.

Actually, what you have to do is open the link, then copy the HEADLINE of the article. Then paste taht headline into google search. Click on the first result and you should get the entire article. Houston19514 simply mistyped link for headline.

For some reason I feel like Ive seen all these before.

Anyhow, I think I see JUMBOTRONS!!!

(cue the anti-jumbotron people lol)

post-9042-0-87721200-1376414537_thumb.jppost-9042-0-76801700-1376414501_thumb.jppost-9042-0-51311200-1376414480_thumb.jppost-9042-0-56388200-1376414462_thumb.jppost-9042-0-78302200-1376414442_thumb.jppost-9042-0-52507100-1376414423_thumb.jp

Actually, what you have to do is open the link, then copy the HEADLINE of the article. Then paste taht headline into google search. Click on the first result and you should get the entire article. Houston19514 simply mistyped link for headline.

FWIW, I routinely do it be copying and pasting the link.

Thanks TowerSpotter, I did not ask "what" are jumbotrons. I know what they are. I asked where are the jumbotrons? I don't see them in the renderings. I see something that looks like a banner or a sign.  I was hoping that the new owners were going to install jumbotrons but these renderings don't look very conclusive.

Edited by Jackwood