Don't worry. When all 27,000 apartment units hit the market those rents are going to come down, way down.

I sure hope so, I inquired about the one on Washington when it was being built, but they wanted almost twice as much as Sawyer Heights, and they went up because they were full. The Lobby on Washington is really cool, and the skyline view from the pool is really nice. Downtown is perfectly angled at that point.

Is there a Rendering for this new one?

Are you implying that the laws of supply and demand actually work in the free market? What a concept! :)

I'm making a prediction.  But like most of my predictions about markets, I am correct on the projection, but usually way off on the timing.  No market is completely free or 100% efficient.  This is why I work really hard for somebody else. 

Historic numbers of new apartment units hitting the Houston market right about the time interest rates start rising from their historic lows has to eventually move the rental & housing markets I would guess. 

Don't worry. When all 27,000 apartment units hit the market those rents are going to come down, way down.

I'm making a prediction.  But like most of my predictions about markets, I am correct on the projection, but usually way off on the timing.  No market is completely free or 100% efficient.  This is why I work really hard for somebody else. 

Historic numbers of new apartment units hitting the Houston market right about the time interest rates start rising from their historic lows has to eventually move the rental & housing markets I would guess. 

So how low we talking 'bout?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Doesn't look like it from the rendering, but any chance of retail on Almeda? I'm not one of those GFR nazis who think that every single building must have retail, but I live across the street and this immediate area is desperately lacking in decent restaurants.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...