The Vue On MacGregor: Multifamily At 4460 S. MacGregor Way

You're thinking of Campus Vue. The foundation hasn't even been laid for that one.

I know this is going to sound incredibly dumb, but they aren't the same thing? I mean, Campus Vue is on MacGregor...and this is a different project? How confusing.  :wacko:

I know this is going to sound incredibly dumb, but they aren't the same thing? I mean, Campus Vue is on MacGregor...and this is a different project? How confusing.  :wacko:

Yes, different projects, and yes, confusing...or at least, lack of creativity in naming these projects.

The Vue is on S. MacGregor at Calhoun...and Campus Vue is directly across Brays Bayou on N. MacGregor at Calhoun.  

Campus Vue is the one that involved demolition of one of two existing apartment buildings on site.  They kept one and demolished one. 

• 1 month later...

Wow. This thing was supposed to be open and was reportedly 100% pre-leased. School starts tomorrow. I've heard through my daughter out there (she's a freshman in Cougar Place) that they are having to put people up in local hotels. That's going to be pricey.

Wow. This thing was supposed to be open and was reportedly 100% pre-leased. School starts tomorrow. I've heard through my daughter out there (she's a freshman in Cougar Place) that they are having to put people up in local hotels. That's going to be pricey.

Oh wow... I didn't even think about that. Yea, this should have opened by now.... wow, just wow. Feel sorry for the kids.. yea, they get a hotel but you don't want to have to move into a semester.

I was in Austin this weekend and sitting in the bar at the Hilton I overheard a manager say that a dorm/apartment had reached out to the Hilton for 100 rooms because of the same situation. Only difference is that school at UT starts Wednesday. Pretty crappy situation but as far as I am concerned it's just another college challenge to overcome. Things don't always happen as planned.

It is more like 90% preleased, but yeah move in day was suppose to be on Aug 23rd. Even a month ago when I drove by it, I kept thinking there was no way it would be completed by the time school started. Maybe in another month it will be. The exterior is not done and no telling what the interior looks like.

I was in Austin this weekend and sitting in the bar at the Hilton I overheard a manager say that a dorm/apartment had reached out to the Hilton for 100 rooms because of the same situation. Only difference is that school at UT starts Wednesday. Pretty crappy situation but as far as I am concerned it's just another college challenge to overcome. Things don't always happen as planned.

Well, staying at hotels isn't too raw of a deal, last year some students in Ohio ended up staying at a water park resort.

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the hold-up on move-in?

Some people are there now. I have two friends that have a room there but they told me that their move in date has been moved back to Sept 25. No worries for them though. Those two girls are enjoying the generous stipends and life at the Wyndham TMC.

• 1 month later...

Really unfortunate.  :(

Police are investigating after a woman's body was found at an apartment complex in southeast Houston.

The body was found shortly before 8 a.m. Tuesday at The Vue at MacGregor Apartments at 4460 S. MacGregor, just south of the University of Houston campus.

Workers found the woman, who's believed to be in her 30s or 40s, face down on a pile of drywall outside a walkway of a gym under construction at the complex. Investigators said she was wearing earrings and men's socks, but none of her clothes were found near the scene.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/womans-body-found-at-se-houston-apartment-complex/29659780

• 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to The Vue On MacGregor: Multifamily At 4460 S. MacGregor Way

Archived