One Market Square: Proposed Office Tower For Block 43 - 800 Preston St.

lockmat

6 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Turns out this is a building in Shanghai.

http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/building/shanghai-wheelock-square/542

shanghaiwheelocksquare_exterior-aerial_(

My guess this building was used as a stand-in to visualize height and massing. Thats really going out of your way to recruit a visualization firm to realize that, but not something that hasn't been done before.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Don’t Shanghai my Houston?

24 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

Please Shanghai my Houston.

As long as they limit it to skyscraper construction, I'll allow it.  Another 20 million people evacuating the next hurricane would be kind of rough. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Nate99 said:

As long as they limit it to skyscraper construction, I'll allow it.  Another 20 million people evacuating the next hurricane would be kind of rough. 

Not if we had high speed evacuation trains to Dallas

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Nate99 said:

People in Shanghai don't need to evacuate in typhoon season.

not only skyscrapers, we also need Shanghai subway, highway, maglev, high speed train, airport......

• Like 3

7 hours ago, cspwal said:

Not if we had high speed evacuation trains to Dallas

Interesting logistics thought experiment.  One shrinking refugee camp on one end and a growing one at the other. 

5 hours ago, jackie21love said:

People in Shanghai don't need to evacuate in typhoon season.

not only skyscrapers, we also need Shanghai subway, highway, maglev, high speed train, airport......

That amount of people in one place is hard to get my head around. You would need every imaginable way to get around. 

On 7/12/2019 at 12:55 PM, H-Town Man said:

You know things have slowed down if this thread is staying at the top of Going Up.

Things haven’t really slowed down, this project is just that really nice carrot dangling in front of HAIF’s collective face.  Forever elusive...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, brijonmang said:

Things haven’t really slowed down, this project is just that really nice carrot dangling in front of HAIF’s collective face.  Forever elusive...

They've slowed some. This lot needs to sit for a few years until the hotel market comes back and then put a nice hotel here, or mixed use with hotel component. Last thing we want here is a huge glass office building looming over Market Square.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, ArtNsf said:

really wish this tower would start to happen soon.  starting to get a little worried about it, though.  It's been "in the works" for a very long time, just like the new "Chevron Tower" we've all been dreaming of...

One ugly parking garage down and then another not quite as ugly parking garage goes up, like an ugly wart. I also hope they build what they said they will, but am getting a bad feeling about this. I try to ignore it while eating gyros and look at the Hines buildings going up. 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, jsabo said:

Has there been any update to this? Did they plan on building a tower on top of the parking garage? EDIT: Looks to be in front of the garage?

If you go back to page 18 of this thread and scroll towards the bottom you will see Gensler's original proposal for the tower that would sit on top of this podium.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

Had a chance to view these renderings.  This building will have even more terraces than Texas Tower.  I think this forum will be very impressed by the redesign.  High quality project - hopefully it gets capitalized!

Same number of floors?

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, CREguy13 said:

Had a chance to view these renderings.  This building will have even more terraces than Texas Tower.  I think this forum will be very impressed by the redesign.  High quality project - hopefully it gets capitalized!

Wow, great to hear an update on this one!

Any idea of when the public can expect to see these new renderings?

• Like 8