One Market Square: Proposed Office Tower For Block 43 - 800 Preston St.

lockmat

21 minutes ago, wxman said:

Could the future of this tower be in the details of the slab? Would they have poured a slab strong enough for a 40-50 story tower or is the slab only engineered for a parking garage? If it's the latter, we have our answer.

This side would only have to hold up the garage portion. The proposed tower would be on the side closest to the park and could presumably have an independent foundation.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Per a previous post, based on nothing but a feeling, I feel like this building will be the next skyscraper to go vertical. It doesn't make much sense in my mind (of course I'm not well versed in this sort of stuff) that they'd build a garage with the name-sake of the proposed building if they weren't actively trying to find tenants and get this thing to go skyward. 

• Like 5

Hines ordered to pay up over tunnel dispute

http://m.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Jury-verdict-rendered-in-downtown-tunnel-case-12556828.php#photo-10105698

A Houston jury has awarded more than $200,000 to a downtown property owner in a dispute over access to the pedestrian tunnels that circulate beneath the city center.

The verdict late last week came in a 2016 lawsuit between Theater Square, an entity associated with the Linbeck construction company, which owns a block on the north end of downtown, and the current and previous owners of the former Houston Chronicle building site.

Hearst Newspapers, the Chronicle's parent company, sold its building at 801 Texas in October 2015. The buyer was Block 58 Investors, an entity affiliated with Hines.

The Linbeck entity subsequently sued Hines and Hearst, saying it intends to build a high-rise on its property and wanted to protect access to the tunnel system through an existing basement corridor.

Theater Square, which sought damages and attorneys' fees, said Block 58 and Hearst interfered with its rights regarding an agreement stating it owned easements through the basement of the former Chronicle building for purposes of constructing a tunnel.

The agreement, it said, was put in place in late 2007 with Hearst and it remained binding with subsequent owners.

The court issued an order prohibiting Block 58 from damaging the corridor for the tunnel system through the Chronicle basement.

Block 58 later filed a list of claims against Theater Square, demanding reimbursement for costs incurred by protecting the corridor during demolition and other costs incurred during the legal proceedings.

The jury verdict in the case, which was heard in state District Judge Wesley Ward's court, said Block 58 was required to pay Theater Square the $211,058. The jury found Hearst not liable.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 1/22/2018 at 11:30 PM, Urbannizer said:

Very cool. Didn't know Vietnamese were involved in this project. My fiancee is Vietnamese and translated each page for me. Nothing really newsworthy... just the standard things we know.. floor count, location, etc.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, HOUCAJUN said:

I tend to not support businesses that open in Dallas before Houston. Am I the only one? Am I wrong? 

Agree. There’s a number of austin and Dallas concepts that invade Houston. I’m not aware of many that do the reverse. 

• Like 1