One Market Square: Proposed Office Tower For Block 43 - 800 Preston St.

lockmat

Is it just coincidence that this building shrunk by almost exactly the amount 609 Main allegedly grew, almost at the same time? 

Well I think they had already shrunk this down much earlier in the year....closer to when 609 Main was first leaked.  I would think that might have more to do with it than Hines adding a few floors.

• Like 1

it would be awesome if someone photoshopped the tower to be closer in height to the 41 story version, but you can tell this will still be very prominent from the north side. this really needs to get built!

hope no one minds me posting this. it was on another site and the cropped version of this rendering has already leaked.

9403526228_b92f65c0c1_b.jpg

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 2

I LOVE this building but hate the location. It doesn't mesh well AT ALL with the other buildings around it. It looks very alien---like it just doesn't belong. I think this building would be better suited for an area near DG or uptown. I think it is a GREAT addition but to be so bold and center like that would, IMO, take away from the north view skyline.

I LOVE this building but hate the location. It doesn't mesh well AT ALL with the other buildings around it. It looks very alien---like it just doesn't belong. I think this building would be better suited for an area near DG or uptown. I think it is a GREAT addition but to be so bold and center like that would, IMO, take away from the north view skyline.

Personally I think it works. Houston's downtown consists a mix of claddings anyway but it will blend in nicely with Group Place and Hines' new tower.

• Like 2

I don't even know what this means... Sound like you're complaining simply for the sake of complaining.

• Like 7

The tower if built would be just outside the historic district so they are free to build what they want.

http://www.houstontx.gov/planning/HistoricPres/maps_of_districts/MainStMarket.pdf

But I agree it is out of place for that neighborhood.

That block would be better served with residential. But that's just my two cents.

Proving once again that HAIFers are NEVER happy.

• Like 1

The tower if built would be just outside the historic district so they are free to build what they want.

http://www.houstontx.gov/planning/HistoricPres/maps_of_districts/MainStMarket.pdf

But I agree it is out of place for that neighborhood.

That block would be better served with residential. But that's just my two cents.

Mixed-use would have been great.

Edited by xsatyr

Either way there is some residential coming along in downtown such as the skyhouse, the 38 story tower replacing the Texaco, and marvy's residential near minutemaid

Don't forget Hines residential which will be in the same area as this tower, around Market Square.

• Like 2

I can't wait for all these buildings to be complete... SkyHouse, Hines new tower, Skanska replacing the Houston Club, the new Cheveron tower, and a couple mid-rise residential buldings. This is the development that will create a thriving downtown. Once we establish our city with a solid downtown, the media is going to swarm like crazy. I can already see it... we are the next great American city, finally gaining the respect we've deserved for years. We already have a ton of national news as the coolest city in America, we hold a top 10 public green space in Buffalo Bayou, the Super Bowl and Final Four, the list goes on and on.  :D

• Like 1

I can't wait for all these buildings to be complete... SkyHouse, Hines new tower, Skanska replacing the Houston Club, the new Cheveron tower, and a couple mid-rise residential buldings. This is the development that will create a thriving downtown. Once we establish our city with a solid downtown, the media is going to swarm like crazy. I can already see it... we are the next great American city, finally gaining the respect we've deserved for years. We already have a ton of national news as the coolest city in America, we hold a top 10 public green space in Buffalo Bayou, the Super Bowl and Final Four, the list goes on and on.  :D

I'm so excited too and I think all of these projects will be ready before the Super Bowl. Also the list of projects will grow as we get closer to the Super Bowl, which means we will have more than whats planned now.

• Like 1

Agreed with both posts.. Very exciting times for Houston, and the list is sure to keep growing. I'm not sure I would consider a 38 story building to be a midrise though.. (New residential tower at Texaco redevelopment site), lol. Don't forget all the new hotels too.. The Marriott Marquis will be at least 30 stories. Can't wait for Houston 2017.. Downtown is going to be a completely different place.

Edited by cloud713
  • Like 1