Chevron Tower For Downtown At 1600 Louisiana St.

tangledwoods

The flier says something like 'unparalleled tunnel access.'

Last I checked, the Skanska project has 5 tunnel connections. 

Also I think we should all remember that Linebeck, Skanska, and Hines are all chasing the same group of potential tenants.  I think we will see one of the three go in the next year maybe two if we are lucky.

Now the good news is that there is a 50ish story tower that will beat all 3 of these out of the ground.

• Like 2

A 50 story proposed other than the three you just mentioned? How confident are you of this information?

gotta be referring to the Chevron tower...

I am pretty confident with my intel  :)  the only thing I haven't been able to get firm on is a start date, but everything I hear leads me to believe we will see it break ground in the next 12 months.

• Like 4

I am pretty confident with my intel  :)  the only thing I haven't been able to get firm on is a start date, but everything I hear leads me to believe we will see it break ground in the next 12 months.

Hmmm.... Are you referring to the Allen tower? What is it... Allen 5?

• Like 1

I was referring to Chevron.

Can you tell us more about this project...I am not familiar with it unless it was one of those towers that were floated out a few years back.

Is Chevron running the design of this building instead of it being a pure Spec building? This has a HUGE implication on it being a trophy tower instead of a 'safe' building hoping to attract tenants.

• Like 1

on the former YMCA block

I am starting to think that King Owl and I have the same sources!  I can tell you that the Architect has been selected and this will be a tower built specifically for Chevron.  Word on the street is that this project will be their response to the Exxon project so I think we can expect this to be much nicer than your typical spec office building.

It' scheduled to complete Q3 of 2016, with them (the big C) occupying in Q4.

• Like 1

Last I checked, the Skanska project has 5 tunnel connections. 

Also I think we should all remember that Linebeck, Skanska, and Hines are all chasing the same group of potential tenants.  I think we will see one of the three go in the next year maybe two if we are lucky.

Now the good news is that there is a 50ish story tower that will beat all 3 of these out of the ground.

By all accounts, it will end up being 46/47 stories, with 28k sf floor plates.

I think we will be hearing from a major media outlet about the chevron tower tomorrow. Don't we have an old dedicated thread about this?

It's not dedicated to Chevron like I thought, but here it is.

No need to google:

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Houston-s-downtown-skyline-to-be-reshaped-4364923.php?t=fa84c9cb773b9e5e12&t=fa84c9cb77

Actually, read the article. Hines to break ground early next year. No new news on Chevron. Linbeck will be 750,000 sqf. No start date yet.

Edited by lockmat

google " Houston's downtown skyline to be reshaped"

then hit the first link. It will get you passed the paywall. 

/edit: passed & past--- silly grammar

Thanks for the tip. That method seems to get you past the paywall for all the other "digital subscriber only" content as well. Epic fail for Chron web programmers.

One of my contractors said 1400 Smith is undergoing renovations and that it is partially empty. He said there is already scaffolding at the base outside. Can anyone verify this? Brookfield's website says there is no space available.

1400 Smith, along with 1500 Louisiana (and adjacent parking structures) will undergo fairly significant renovations on the lower levels (1-3), in preparation to be tied in to the new tower. There's a master plan that will renovate the entire Chevron "campus", and connect all of the structures together. Likely what your contractor is seeing/involved in.

• Like 1

One of my contractors said 1400 Smith is undergoing renovations and that it is partially empty. He said there is already scaffolding at the base outside. Can anyone verify this? Brookfield's website says there is no space available.

It would be odd for Brookfield's site to say they had space available in 1400 Smith, since they sold the building to Chevron a couple years ago.  ;-)

1400 Smith, along with 1500 Louisiana (and adjacent parking structures) will undergo fairly significant renovations on the lower levels (1-3), in preparation to be tied in to the new tower. There's a master plan that will renovate the entire Chevron "campus", and connect all of the structures together. Likely what your contractor is seeing/involved in.

Interesting.  I wonder why modifications would be necessary to 1400 Smith, when it is two block from the new tower site and already connected to the intervening building by the circular skywalk... 

It would be odd for Brookfield's site to say they had space available in 1400 Smith, since they sold the building to Chevron a couple years ago. ;-)

You're right. I'm not sure if this contractor has actually been inside or not but he said there is some empty space but he didn't say how much. Since Chevron owns the tower, there's no way for is to really know how much is available, right? Or do those vacancy reports publicly released include owner occupied buildings?

Interesting.  I wonder why modifications would be necessary to 1400 Smith, when it is two block from the new tower site and already connected to the intervening building by the circular skywalk... 

strike that. Houston19514, happy to discuss it further via PM.

Edited by hoothrewpoo

You're right. I'm not sure if this contractor has actually been inside or not but he said there is some empty space but he didn't say how much. Since Chevron owns the tower, there's no way for is to really know how much is available, right? Or do those vacancy reports publicly released include owner occupied buildings?

only if the space would be available to the market which in chevron's case it def would not.