Someone who has construction knowledge can you please answer this. In the webcam I can see these, what look to be massive metal plates they put down before they pour the concrete. Are these just there to support the concrete in the laying down/pouring or are they like massive re-bar? 

• Like 1

Someone who has construction knowledge can you please answer this. In the webcam I can see these, what look to be massive metal plates they put down before they pour the concrete. Are these just there to support the concrete in the laying down/pouring or are they like massive re-bar? 

I think those are forms that dictate the shape of the concrete.

But I don't have any actual knowledge of construction, so you might ought to wait for another answer.

• Like 1

I wondered the same thing. My best guess was that it has something to do with the in-floor re-configurable climate control that this building has. 

• Like 1

I have no idea what you're looking at on which camera, but it sounds like you're referring to a cast-in-place form.  They're installed to form the bottom of the pour and removed after a predetermined amount of curing time.

EDIT: ^Yeah, what he said.

Edited by phillip_white
  • Like 3

^^^ the parking structure, is actually located directly upon the side of the actual tower.  (please reference the renderings / concepts for clarification)  the parking structure, is actually a pretty nice design in itself.

If you haven't looked at it in a while, spend some time on the website http://609mainattexas.com - it's got some great renderings and plans of the building.  It looks like the parking garage is going to be partly both in the main tower and that little side section that's not as tall.

Also - there's 3 spots for ground floor retail - one facing the Rice lofts on Main/Texas, and two facing Fannin

• Like 2

thanks cspwal!

did we know this was 752' tall?

http://609mainattexas.com/#techspecs

SITE SIZE

• Full city block (1.43 acres)

BUILDING SIZE

• 1,057,658 square feet

BUILDING HEIGHT

• 48 stories, 752’ tall

• Houston CBD, bounded by Main, Texas, Fanin, & Capitol

ADDRESS

• 609 Main St.

PROJECT TEAM

• Developer / Hines
  • Architect / Picard Chilton Architects
  • Leasing / Colvill Office Properties
  • Branding & Visualization / Steelblue

OFFICE SPACE

• 28,000rsf floor plate Typical core-to-window depth of 44 ft.
  • Exterior column spacing of 30 ft.
  • Floor-to-ceiling windows with roller shades
  • 5’ planning module

FLOOR HEIGHTS

• 14‘-9” floor-to-floor
  • 10‘ minimum finished ceiling height

AMENITIES

• Hotel style lobby with a variety of seating neighborhoods & work areas
  • 7,000sf modern fitness center with full locker rooms
  • 8.500sf high-tech conference center, with flexible meetingspace that can hold up to 300 people
  • Two roof gardens floor 12 & 13
  • Double height loft space on floors 47 & 48
  • Oversized podium floor appropriate for conference center or trading operations
  • Direct connection to downtown Houston tunnel system
  • Secure bicycle storage

MAIN LOBBY

• Approximatley 15,000sf
  • 30’ ceilings
  • Floor-to-ceiling glass
  • 24 hour manned security desk
  • Mocha cream marble and eucalyptus wood finishes
  • Lasa white marble accents
  • Water feature
  • Green Wall

RETAIL

• Total of 12,000sf in 3 different areas on the ground floor Service retail space on B1
Edited by cloud713
  • Like 4