• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, TheSirDingle said:

Wonder how much this is going to sell for? I'm suspecting a new record for Houston, probably dwarfing capitol tower's $695/ft^2 numbers. I'm suspecting in the $800's, maybe even more. It will easily reach $700 without question, but how much do y'all suspect it will go for?

It's mostly based on the rents. 609 Main probably averages $2-3/sf higher (5-10%) so somewhere in the $700's is my guess. Might get a slight premium for being the market leader.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

This just fell out of contract. Deal was set to close this summer with a new record price per SF in Houston (for nonmedical) but South Korean buyer walked away. Hines has until Sep. 25th to repay the $230 million construction loan.

how long was it sitting under contract? I am sure the economic situation isn't ideal to be paying a premium. I believe others would be interested..

If not, Hines isn't new at this. I trust they will make the best of the situation

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Avossos said:

how long was it sitting under contract? I am sure the economic situation isn't ideal to be paying a premium. I believe others would be interested..

If not, Hines isn't new at this. I trust they will make the best of the situation

Went under contract in March. I don't know that they were paying a premium. This building should set the mark for highest price per square foot.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • The title was changed to 609 Main at Texas
  • 11 months later...
  • The title was changed to 609 Main At Texas
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman moving from 2 HC to 609 Main

Pillsbury Winthrop Shaw Pittman to move Houston office to 609 Main - Houston Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

"Pillsbury signed a lease for 28,000 square feet in the building, spanning the entire 20th floor. The law firm plans to make the move this spring."

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...