via Swamplot, could this be the project they announce? Or will it be a 4-story apartment building on the old Turnberry site? lol

Hines Hines Latest from The Business Journals Follow this company , the homegrown mega-developer of office buildings and all things related to commercial real estate, plans to announce its newest Houston project April 4 at the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors’ Society of Industrial and Office Realtors Latest from The Business Journals Follow this company Commercial Expo 2012.

http://www.bizjourna...uston-gets.html

According to bizjournal and lockmat, a Hines development was slated to be announced tonight at least. Wasn't so much of a rumor

Haha.. Ok, revising my prediction. 1 story, 9 million square feet.

Maybe an office tower next year, then. Sounds like Nancy's article is the "big announcement." Or I could wake up and be wrong (a common occurrence.)

Edited by woolie
  • Like 1

This is going to dramatically change some of the views from the I-45/Beltway 8 flyovers. I'm hoping for a really big beige building with a couple of seafoam green windows at one corner.

I am guessing this is what you are talking about http://www.chron.com...lex-3460224.php

The commercial real estate developer, whose worldwide portfolio includes office, industrial, residential and mixed-use projects, is partnering with Pinto Realty Partners, a subsidiary of Cockrell Interests of Houston, to complete the development of the Pinto Business Park near Bush Intercontinental Airport.

The 1,000-acre parcel at Interstate 45 and the North Belt is largely vacant. In 2010, Sysco built a 585,000-square-foot distribution center there, leaving 970 acres to be developed. Ultimately the park could house 9 million square feet of industrial buildings worth more than $900 million, said W. Palmer Letzerich, managing director of Hines.

ahem...Yippee...

Edited by fatesdisastr

I blame it on Jennifer Dawson from HBJ, she is the one who insinuated the announcement could have been a downtown tower. (haha, i'm kidding JD if you're reading this!)

I was sorta close on my first prediction (4-story apts); Certainly not a high-rise. But this will be huge for the area. 9 million square feet?! That's huge! I hope it helps Greenspoint and maybe revives that Greenspoint Renaissance project.

I blame it on Jennifer Dawson from HBJ, she is the one who insinuated the announcement could have been a downtown tower. (haha, i'm kidding JD if you're reading this!)

I hope she got her page views worth.

I was sorta close on my first prediction (4-story apts); Certainly not a high-rise. But this will be huge for the area. 9 million square feet?! That's huge! I hope it helps Greenspoint and maybe revives that Greenspoint Renaissance project.

Do we really need more low density industrial office parks?

Beltway 8 is loaded with them already.

Do we really need more low density industrial office parks?

Beltway 8 is loaded with them already.

Houston19514 beat me to it by about 30 seconds. And besides that, what else could realistically be done with the land around there? Nobody wants to live there, given a choice. And from a policy perspective, it's better to have industrial infill than to maintain a perpetually dormant site that leap-frogged over by development decades ago. Better here than Conroe, am I right?

I hope she got her page views worth. Do we really need more low density industrial office parks? Beltway 8 is loaded with them already.

Yes.

We all love 50+ story gleaming skyscrapers. But they are filled with useless paper-pushers. (I know - I am one)

This is 1000 acres of distribution and light manufacturing right next to the airport. Developed by Hines - should be reasonably well done. And will lead to a bunch of jobs. These are the kinds of jobs Houston needs in order to support the new office towers we all so desparately want. Get a couple of big plants/distribution centers built here on this site - you will need a bunch of paper-pushers to support it and those are who fills those shiny new skyscrapers.

So I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. Good use of outlying land that will never see anything else except strip malls or apartments that far out.

Yes.

We all love 50+ story gleaming skyscrapers. But they are filled with useless paper-pushers. (I know - I am one)

This is 1000 acres of distribution and light manufacturing right next to the airport. Developed by Hines - should be reasonably well done. And will lead to a bunch of jobs. These are the kinds of jobs Houston needs in order to support the new office towers we all so desparately want. Get a couple of big plants/distribution centers built here on this site - you will need a bunch of paper-pushers to support it and those are who fills those shiny new skyscrapers.

So I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing. Good use of outlying land that will never see anything else except strip malls or apartments that far out.

I read on twitter that in the near future, 47% of people will be working from home on at least a part-time basis. That's seems high to me. But if true, that does not bode well for skyscrapers in sprawling places like Houston, imo.

I read on twitter that in the near future, 47% of people will be working from home on at least a part-time basis. That's seems high to me. But if true, that does not bode well for skyscrapers in sprawling places like Houston, imo.

I've heard this too but I find it hard to believe. If by part-time they mean once a week... then maybe.There is just so much more you can accomplish in person at the office than teleconference. I think companies know that and will continue to seek out large campuses where mgmt and employees can work collaboratively.